Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

resizing of pages

• 14-12-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I have had two HTC phones up to now.I have recently changed to an S3 and I have to say its a much better phone than any thing else I have every had or tried out.However the HTC had a brilliant feature that I assumed was on all Android phones but now I think that I am mistaken.
    When viewing a web page with writing like a newspaper the HTC would resize the print to fit the screen so that you just had to scroll down to read as normal.
    The S3 does not have this feature and you have to turn the phone sideways to read and even then you have to keep adjusting the screen to make the print fit.
    Am I missing a setting that will change this on the S3 or was this just available on the HTC phones
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just double tap on the text you want to view, it'll resize the screen so that text fills the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

No thats not it I have done that and its works fine but its not what I meant.The only way I can describe it is if you are reading a page full of writing and double tab the screen the writing gets bigger only and pushs the words off the screen.If it was my HTC the writing would be bigger and the paragraph would change so that the lines were smaller to fit the screen.No actual words would be missing and it would be perfectly readable.Maybe that was a feature of HTC sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's how my Galaxy Note works, I double tap and the webpage I'm on changes so I can read the text. The text actually shifts around to fit the new larger format if you know what I mean.
    It doesn't just zoom in so I think we mean the same.
    What browser are you using? I use both Google and Dolphin, works in both.

Advertisement