Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video editing comp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

I would be inclined to get a tower and two monitors. You need space for the various pallettes and obviously for the previews. Then plenty of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Laptop isn't ideal. I don't know much about the AMD range I've always stuck to Intel and Nvidia have a slight advantage in that the Adobe suite can get real time rendering for some of there software out of their cards.

Your much better off with a tower and two screens like bette says. Even if you don't want to splash out on two displays right now the tower makes that a possibility in the future. You'd also be better off with more than 8gb of ram, it's enough but being able to add more down the line is always a bonus HD video editing will really benefit from 12gb+. Having a proper HD screen that's big will make a difference too. That laptop is only 1366 x 768.

Your also going to need a load of hard drive space, 750gb won't cut it and external drive space is going to be slow for video editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I understand the reasons ye have mentioned , but id only be doing small projects on it maybe 10 to 15 min videos . My current laptop is melting doing them and takes forever. If love a tower but just dont have the funds to slash out for it , dont have the space either . Dont know what to do now. Thanks for the advice guys :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you ask over in building and upgrading they'll spec you out a tower for the same money as that laptop, less maybe. Laptops are a more expensive route, you'll get much more bang for your buck with a tower.

Advertisement