Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Your Unhealthy Dinner Treat ?

Options
  • 14-12-2012 3:30pm
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

Most of the time I cook in the evening when I come home but just sometimes I need an Instant fix. Most recent were a doner kebab with chips with an extra tub of sauce to go over the chips ! 2 weeks ago I call into 5star pizza to be told Its 2 for the price of 1 night ! So a 14'' Pizza with every type of meat and I got a free one too which I brought to work and re nuked for lunch ! Yum !
    Whats your favorite Ah Fcuk it meal ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Haha this is brilliant, i have so many. if i'm near a fastfood outlet i'll head there and get chicken nuggets or something similar. but if i'm at home (countryside no takeaways) i'll probably have a carb fest of Pasta with bacon and pesto and garlic bread, followed by chocolate biscuits.

Also tayto sandwiches. Getting a bus to dublin tonight so i'm having a cheeky roll with taytos instead of dinner on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

When bothered to make it myself: Chips with gravy & cheese & as many chicken goujons as I can fit on the plate or a family sized serving of nachos with everything & the kitchen sink on them. (Chili, most of a block of extra mature cheddar, jalapenos, salsa, couple of avocados worth of guacamole)

When too lazy to do more than open paper bag: Beef massaman from Camille Thai or a mixed doner from local excellent kebab shop

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Haha this is brilliant, i have so many. if i'm near a fastfood outlet i'll head there and get chicken nuggets or something similar. but if i'm at home (countryside no takeaways) i'll probably have a carb fest of Pasta with bacon and pesto and garlic bread, followed by chocolate biscuits.

Also tayto sandwiches. Getting a bus to dublin tonight so i'm having a cheeky roll with taytos instead of dinner on the bus.
    I Thought Culchies left Dublin of a Friday ? (With da Washin !)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Never brought the washing home but i did bring up a homemade apple tart when i was in college!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have a serious weakness for burgers but not fancy ones that are now de rigueur but the cheapest crappiest, saltiest rubbish imaginable, often to be found in traditional chippers, McDonalds and Supermacs are also acceptable, Eddie Rockets has always been a dissapointment to me as are the gourmet burger joints I've tried in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mac and Cheese if I'm at home. If I'm visiting my parents and I go to the closest shopping centre I'll always get a quarter pounder with cheese from Abrakebabra. Sometimes I just need that rubbery, cheap, crappy burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Aldi's microwaveable cheese burgers. im so ashamed! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Swords4

Chip butties,
    bread slices spread with a thick layer of butter, a thick layer of hot crispy chips
    between them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

I was in A Q in a chipper in Fairview a few years ago and the guy at the top bought 3 WHOLE cooked chickens , went outside and sat on a low wall and proceeded to demolish them, grease dripping down the chin etc. I felt like an amateur with my Batter Burger and chips !

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

andym1 wrote: »
    I was in A Q in a chipper in Fairview a few years ago and the guy at the top bought 3 WHOLE cooked chickens , went outside and sat on a low wall and proceeded to demolish them, grease dripping down the chin etc. I felt like an amateur with my Batter Burger and chips !
    That gives me such a flashback to the morning of Guns'n'Roses in Slane... we camped overnight outside Slane, drove to Dundalk (for some reason) the morning of the concert, bought a loaf of bread and a cooked chicken, and "improvised" breakfast before heading back to the gig.

Good times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Apache pizza and match of the day.

Or, at home, homemade chips in the deep-fat fryer, and then chuck in a fillet of pre-cooked chicken on top for 3-4 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Generally anything from the chipper even though I feel **** after it.
    I am a sucker for a McDonalds though and could easily eat two cheeseburgers, large fries and chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce...doesn't fill me up though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

mmmmmm...... Chicken fillet burger, chips n curry sauce from the chipper or chicken pathia rice and naan from the Indian.... Chinese food used to be my absolute fave trash food but totally went off it after my first Indian :)

At home, mcdonalds curry supernoodles with a round of buttery toast or the heel of a cottage loaf with a hape of butter and ketchup (that one is actually my ultimate comfort food, no idea why and I get seriously strange looks from everyone when I make it) or a toasted ham n cheese sandwich with ballymaloe relish or a Ristorante pizza.... Oh God I could go on for ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hillbillies 'Breast in a Bun' - om nom nom!

Also a lovely bacon buttie with smoked rashers on white bread with loads of butter so that it starts melting as soon as the bacon hits it :pac:....oh yum....I'd actually eat one of them now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Too much to mention!

I love the odd double cheeseburger and twisty fries from McDonalds. Chipper occasionally, so disappointing if it's not absolutely mind blowing though! Every now and then Camile Thai, so delicious.

At home real treat dinner is mac'n'cheese, usually at least three types of cheese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

The very worst one I'd have is curry cheese chips from my local chipper. It's not your usual curry cheese chips, i.e. a box of chips with some curry and cheese dumped on top. Instead, they begin by lining the bottom of the foil box with grated cheese. Then chips on top. Then pour on some curry sauce, along with plenty more cheese. A second layer of chips, up to the top of the box. Lots more sauce, tonnes more cheese, so that they can barely fit the lid onto it. By the time you get it home, it's a big gooey cheesey delicious mess. All of the calories, zero nutrition. That is my ultimate f*ck-it-all dinner, saved for very occasional occasions!

If I'm in the mood for some semi-healthy junk food, I basically do something similar-ish at home - whatever suitable veg is there (potatos, carrots, courgettes) made into spicy wedges and covered in cheese (usually mozzarella.) OK, that's not really similar at all! :o But it still feels like I'm eating junk food, but getting some nutrients into me at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Fried eggs, fried sausages, beans and chips.. Serve with lots of white tiger bread and washed down with Coke

/fat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Don't have a deep fat fryer so although it's messy, every so often I'll fill a wok with vegetable oil and have a 2 or 3 day bender of deep fried heaven before putting the pan away again for a few weeks.

At the weekend I got smoked coley and made batter and had fish goujons deep fried, was quality. Triple fried chips with them too. Did a load of chicken wings last night as well so they'll go into the freezer for NFL Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

gg2 wrote: »
    mcdonalds curry supernoodles with a round of buttery toast

Noodles and toast - I forgot all about this! The ultimate lazy, delicious, nutrition-free dinner.

Advertisement