Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card charged 3 times for online order

Options
  • 14-12-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried to buy a phone from vodafone's online store on Monday, but encountered an error message saying:

'Request can't be completed. Card has not been charged. Please try again later.'

I tried it a few times, getting the same result each time. Then I noticed on Wednesday morning that they had charged my credit card 3 times for the phone, (until they reached my credit limit). I got no email to say the order was placed, can't view my order status on their site, and I'm getting nowhere with trying to phone/talk to them here.

I thought that pre-authorizations usually don't show up on the statement, and just reduce the credit available, so these must be actual charges that went through?

It's annoying me now, as I can't order christmas presents til this is sorted, so if ye could provide any further information on what's happening/what I can do, I'd be grateful. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi CR 7,

Apologies about this issue.

You would be best to call credit card services and check the transactions have fully processed. If Vodafone have fully processed the transactions and they cannot refund the charges, please fill out the transaction dispute form to get these charges refunded.

You can call credit card services on 0818 251 251 or 000353 56 7757747.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Hi CR 7,

Apologies about this issue.

You would be best to call credit card services and check the transactions have fully processed. If Vodafone have fully processed the transactions and they cannot refund the charges, please fill out the transaction dispute form to get these charges refunded.

You can call credit card services on 0818 251 251 or 000353 56 7757747.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks, I'll try that now.

Advertisement