If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX 922

Options
  • 14-12-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi lads

I'm buying an AV receiver and have the list down to three or four devices, with this Pioneer being top, depending on how cheaply I can get it.

What's the best Euro price you can do on it delivered to Kildare?

TIA

Jason

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads

I'm buying an AV receiver and have the list down to three or four devices, with this Pioneer being top, depending on how cheaply I can get it.

What's the best Euro price you can do on it delivered to Kildare?

TIA

Jason

Jason,
    many thanks for the opportunity to quote - the VSX922 has just been further reduced to £248.95 and delivery would be £12.95 - the total is £261.90 / €329.99

We have them in stock and ready to ship just drop me a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 potatogrids

Thanks John - really great price on a well-featured receiver like that.

But I'm torn between this and the Sony STRDH820. What's your opinion on how these two compare? Am I right in thinking the Faroudja upscaler in the Sony would be better than Pioneer's own version? Inputs will be a PS3, Sky HD and x264 network streams via a 2nd gen Apple TV running Plex, which can only output 720p, making the receiver's upscaler quite valuable to me.

The Pioneer also seems to have cheap build quality and thin housing from what I've read - is it really that bad in your experience?

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 4 potatogrids

Okay, have eliminated the Sony and decided to stick with the Pioneer plan - from what I could find out, it has a Marvell Qdeo chip taking care of the upscaling and it's at least as good as the Faroudja. It also has enough features to cancel out a flimsy front panel imo, especially at this price.

In addition I want to get a pair of the Q-Acoustics 2010i.

I've sent an email to sales@richersounds.ie and also tried phoning but had no luck there (your voicemail seems to have run out of space) - ideally I'd love to get my hands on the delivery this side of Christmas so would appreciate if we could sort it out tomorrow.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Okay, have eliminated the Sony and decided to stick with the Pioneer plan - from what I could find out, it has a Marvell Qdeo chip taking care of the upscaling and it's at least as good as the Faroudja. It also has enough features to cancel out a flimsy front panel imo, especially at this price.

In addition I want to get a pair of the Q-Acoustics 2010i.

I've sent an email to sales@richersounds.ie and also tried phoning but had no luck there (your voicemail seems to have run out of space) - ideally I'd love to get my hands on the delivery this side of Christmas so would appreciate if we could sort it out tomorrow.

Thanks

Jason,

I'd just sent you a PM!

Dave will give you a call to get you sorted asap (apologies it's a bit mental here!)

Thanks again and apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.