Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off season

Options
  • 14-12-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Have we got a structure for how the off Season will work? There are 7 weeks (I think)for scouting and FA signing before the draft. What way will we be working these?

Is it too little to advance every 24 hours? Say the commish advances at 23:00 each night? I suppose the date for the draft will play into this too.

Just some food for thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

One thing for sure is that we are not playing preseason games!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Raoul wrote: »
    One thing for sure is that we are not playing preseason games!!!
    Maybe allow 24hrs or 48 per pre season week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

24hrs should be the max to let people do their practices if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Im talking about between the Superbowl and the draft

How is fa to work? Will it be a draft like the start of this season or an auction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

gufc21 wrote: »
    How is fa to work? Will it be a draft like the start of this season or an auction?

Its an auction. The player goes to the most appealing team

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

important to remember, that you not find out straight away if you get a guy. so dont go bidding on loads.. you wont be able to afford it :)

That's a bit messed up not knowing. Would be handy if we could set an auction time asap so people can sort themselves out to make sure they are available for it.

How is team prestige changed. Don't remember what I was at the start of season but after my good recent run I would have thought I was better than an F I mean technically I can finish in top 15

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's the same as the gameweeks, there are 4 periods of FA, you find out when santry rolls the week forward how your bids worked out and then go bid again.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's the same as the gameweeks, there are 4 periods of FA, you find out when santry rolls the week forward how your bids worked out and then go bid again.

O rite so its not live bids that's grand so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

important to remember, that you not find out straight away if you get a guy. so dont go bidding on loads.. you wont be able to afford it :)

Whats happens if you do,will you just get the first you bid on shud they accept? whats the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's a bit messed up not knowing. Would be handy if we could set an auction time asap so people can sort themselves out to make sure they are available for it.

How is team prestige changed. Don't remember what I was at the start of season but after my good recent run I would have thought I was better than an F I mean technically I can finish in top 15

Jags started the season as an F, and going into last week were C. I'm hoping it will rise more by the end of the playoffs.

That and my ridiculous Cap space should work out nicely for me.

And any ideas on the prestige? I assume this will be a major determining factor in a players decision to join your team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I've 7 players who have made themselves unavailable and at least 10 and possibly more with contracts finishing up, i would take it, that, with the colts record, these players wont want to resign so basically i'm SCREWED :eek:

I've 7 players who have made themselves unavailable and at least 10 and possibly more with contracts finishing up, i would take it, that, with the colts record, these players wont want to resign so basically i'm SCREWED :eek:

Can't recommend these lads enough:

Not sure if Keanu is available though. The deaf tight-end would even give Fleener a run for his money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Cleveland Browns welcome Joe Flacco :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

This is the schedule we used in the maddenpfl Pro Franchise. It worked well and might be helpful ti the Commissioners in deciding how to run it. Heli, Adrian, Dave and Ben used it so it would be interesting to get their views. You may need preseason so guys can get their roster sorted

Super Bowl was played on Wednesday I think. This is the advances we made
    Scouting

Thursday midnight advance

Resignings ( Friday / Saturday )

Saturday midnight advance

Free Agency Offers

Sunday midnight advance

Free Agency Offers / Scouting Available

Monday midnight Advance

Free Agency Offers / Scouting Available again

Tuesday 7pm advance

Scouting

Wednesday 8:30pm

At 8:30pm advance to Free Agency Recap and Draft

Draft commenced at 9:30pm on Wednesday. Took 2 hours and did conclude on same night,

Pre- Season

Pre-season commenced post draft Wednesday night. Each pre-season gameweek lasted one day. Each game was simmed unless both coaches wanted to play the game. I stress both coaches. Nobody was be put on auto during pre-season. If only one person was inclined to play the game it went to sim. No fixtures were posted. You needed to contact your opponent by pm if you were interested in playing the game.

Thursday - pre-season week 1
    Friday - pre-season week 2
    Saturday - pre-season week 3
    Sunday - pre-season week 4

Free Agency Post Draft
    Rules which were been in place continued. - Only one Free Agent could be signed each gameweek, preseason and regular season.

The Regular Season started on the Monday.

Some teams did not meet roster requirements and needed to make FA pickups. Others needed to cut players being over 53 and so wanted to play preseason games jto have a look at rookies. So nobody got an advantage it was fairest to only allow one FA pickup per gameweek. It also gave everyone 24 hours to do their practice each preseason gameweek and have a look at their rookies

Yeah that process worked well I thought.. No need to play the preseason games but it's nice to able to do the practice sessions.

I think injuries should be turned off for preseason though as it's unfair to lose players when most games are being simmed

My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah that process worked well I thought.. No need to play the preseason games but it's nice to able to do the practice sessions.

I think injuries should be turned off for preseason though as it's unfair to lose players when most games are being simmed

My 2 cents.
    Agree about the injuries, I lost kolb to a broken jaw! Only have him back now!

Yeah pre-season injuries when your simming the games would be a joke, turn them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Agree about the injuries, I lost kolb to a broken jaw! Only have him back now!

Really is he playing me on Sunday? *cough*going down*cough*;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »

Really is he playing me on Sunday? *cough*going down*cough*;)
    Ha yup, hey I'm not the one who needs to bubble wrap his players for the playoffs ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep injuries were turned off for preseason only. Makes sense to do that with the high instance in simmed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Ha yup, hey I'm not the one who needs to bubble wrap his players for the playoffs ;-)
    We are all outta bubble wrap in SanFran!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry lads,

I was away for the weekend.

I worked out at the start of the season what way to roll it forward and after experiencing another site's off season I feel it gives us the opportunity to make sure ours runs smoothly.

At the moment, I hope that the Superbowl will be finished by the 30th of December. Obviously with it being around Christmas time, it is possible that it may take a bit longer. The big question now is when people want the draft. Monday nights seemed to work well for everyone in the last Madden so would anyone have an objection to a 9:30 start on a Monday for the draft?

Each FA week will be given 1/2 days, depending on the date the draft is finalized for. Also, if no one wants Pre season properly, it'll be advanced quickly, with again a 1/2 space for each window to play the pre season games. Injuries will definitely be turned off during pre season too.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sorry lads,

I was away for the weekend.

I worked out at the start of the season what way to roll it forward and after experiencing another site's off season I feel it gives us the opportunity to make sure ours runs smoothly.

At the moment, I hope that the Superbowl will be finished by the 30th of December. Obviously with it being around Christmas time, it is possible that it may take a bit longer. The big question now is when people want the draft. Monday nights seemed to work well for everyone in the last Madden so would anyone have an objection to a 9:30 start on a Monday for the draft?

Each FA week will be given 1/2 days, depending on the date the draft is finalized for. Also, if no one wants Pre season properly, it'll be advanced quickly, with again a 1/2 space for each window to play the pre season games. Injuries will definitely be turned off during pre season too.

Hate to be that guy but I've got footy on Mondays from 9-10. So around 6.30/7 or after 10 would be best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

For the draft we should do the usual doodle poll the week of the conference games. That way everyone has time to pick a date and nobody can say it was unfair.

Advertisement