Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche

Options
  • 14-12-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations of a creche in the D15 area as im not happy with the one my son is in at the moment.

Also does any body have any experience wih the Giraffe crech at the corporate park?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

stevekavo wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations of a creche in the D15 area as im not happy with the one my son is in at the moment.

Also does any body have any experience wih the Giraffe crech at the corporate park?

Thanks in advance

Scope to Grow in Laurel Lodge is great; my two are there. Excellent Montessori for the 3 year old and the 1 year old settled very quickly. Good staff.

Its hard to get into though, places don't open up very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sorry to dig up an old one thread but same question
    Starting the minefield of a search, our 4 month old will be going in at 10/11 months, the plan at the moment
    any reccomendations or places and fees charged?

Is there a list of registered d15 creches anywhere?

Thanks

darren

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Our son is now in Bright Horizons up beside the college and he loves it. The staff are great. Fees vary with the age of the child. I think it will be about 1100 for a 1 year old(don't quote me on it). Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

We had mixed results with Stickyfingers creche in Portesgate, Clonsilla. They've good, well meaning staff but we found the managements attitude to be a bit poor at times. Others may have had good experiences but this was ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

brightkane wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old one thread but same question
    Starting the minefield of a search, our 4 month old will be going in at 10/11 months, the plan at the moment
    any reccomendations or places and fees charged?

Is there a list of registered d15 creches anywhere?

Thanks

darren

Magic Years in Coolmine is excellent, my eldest was there for nearly 7 years from the baby room through to after schoolers, my youngest was in for over 4 years. The only reason we left was a change in my work circumstances. PM me if you need any more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

Agreed re Magic Years - my two were in there from babies right up to after- schoolers and the staff there are nothing short of amazing - they treat the job like a vocation and genuinely love the children. My children were so happy there and when I moved them (for change in circumstances), they begged to go back. It is expensive compared to some others but you will know your child will be well cared for and happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

We had mixed results with Stickyfingers creche in Portesgate, Clonsilla. They've good, well meaning staff but we found the managements attitude to be a bit poor at times. Others may have had good experiences but this was ours.

We had our daughter there 4 years ago and we felt the exact same re management-so it seems nothing has changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Remember that you can request the HSE inspection reports for any creche under Freedom of Information.

We have a kid in Bright Horizons, overall we're happy with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Remember that you can request the HSE inspection reports for any creche under Freedom of Information.

We have a kid in Bright Horizons, overall we're happy with it.

Yeah, only problem is the regularity of those inspections. Was getting a walk over with Magic Years recently and one of the first things they were keen to mention was to look over such reports, but stating at the same time, it'd been a very long time since they were inspected.

My OH asked for a report yesterday in one and was told they didnt have it to hand. When asked was there any reccomendations from the report she was told no, everything was fine! - so one off the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Yeah, only problem is the regularity of those inspections. Was getting a walk over with Magic Years recently and one of the first things they were keen to mention was to look over such reports, but stating at the same time, it'd been a very long time since they were inspected.

True, but they are useful to show progression (or lack of it). The reports I saw mentioned issues found in previous inspections and whether they had been resolved. Similarly, the creche should be able to demonstrate how issues in the most recent inspection are being dealt with.

I can't remember the details, but I remember the reports being very specific. It would be difficult (if not impossible) to get a perfect result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Magic years is very good but quite expensive for all ages.
    Their after school, while a great set up is a really crazy price and they don't even provide shacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

saggycaggy wrote: »
    We had our daughter there 4 years ago and we felt the exact same re management-so it seems nothing has changed since.

Exact same experience here. I liked the fact that the creche was quite small and there was a low turnover of staff, but I didn't find the management to be especially competent or professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

AlanG wrote: »
    Their after school, while a great set up is a really crazy price and they don't even provide shacks.

agreed - best creche around in my opinion, but when the monthly childcare payments started to exceed my mortgage, it was time to re-think. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

AlanG wrote: »

The after school price does initially seem high but if you use the after school club full time over Xmas, Easter, summer and mid term breaks you get your moneys worth

thanks for the advice folks, have it narrowed dow to magic years and treehouse

Anyone coming from clonsilla road side of thye tracks comment on traffic and level crossing delays in the mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

brightkane wrote: »
    thanks for the advice folks, have it narrowed dow to magic years and treehouse

We have our two (twins) in Treehouse in Allendale & they absolutely love it. They get on great with all the girls & from our perspective the staff are all excellent.
    We had a poor experience in another creche before we discovered treehouse & in hindsight it was a blessing in disguise. havent on ebad word to say about it TBH.

Traffic at the level crossing @ Clonsilla can be bad at times, if the timing of the lights works in tandem against you it could be a delay of 6 or 7 minutes, doesnt sound like much but feels much longer when stuck in it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement