Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit gloves

Options
  • 14-12-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Looking for a new pair of winter gloves. My hands get cold pretty quick, but I use an old loose pair of gloves that get wet and heavy very quickly. Ive come across the O'Neill psycho gloves. Tried on the 1.5mm and they are really comfortable, flexible, light. I'd be worried that 1.5mm is far too thin even though they are winter specific gloves. They also have a 3mm pair but the shop didnt have them to try.

Can anyone tell me if these 1.5mm will be too cold in Irish water?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 .wellboy

I find 1.5mm grand in winter, but it totally depends on whether your a hot or cold person!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I have O'Neills 1.5 mm and they're perfect. They're light and they'll keep the wind off the skin which is the main problem.

I was out yesterday without any gloves (but I have a good wetsuit). Survived with hands in tact although a little chilly towards the end of the session. Wasn't any wind though which made it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Went out today with a 1.5mm glove on one hand and the 3mm on the other.... the hand with the 1.5mm was cold at first but after paddling around, I didn't notice a difference. They're lighter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nanoman

Thanks for the replies. Will go for the 1.mm

Advertisement