Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Firmware

Options
  • 14-12-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Netophia Ericom 3347NWG. It has the original version software on it v7.4.2r2. I need to upgrade to the latest but to do this it must have a version of 7.5.0.

Has anyone got firmware for version 7.5.0.

Archived Firmware on the Eircom Site is I think 7.7 and fails with invalid file anyway.

Regards Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

jspuds wrote: »

I have as I said the version here is 7.8.2r2. This upgrade requires that the modem must be running 7.5.0 or greater. My Modem in question cannot upgrade to this as its 7.4.2r2. the version in the archive folder did not work either, so the same must apply to it.

I need a 7.5.x Eircom Firmware so that I can upgrade it first which then will allow me to apply the latest firmware from the eircom website.

Update:

Current Firmware fails with file too big
    Firmware in archive fails with CRC error in File Read FF15 expected BD6D.

If I am unable to update the firmware will support supply me with a new updated modem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

ger664 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a Netophia Ericom 3347NWG. It has the original version software on it v7.4.2r2. I need to upgrade to the latest but to do this it must have a version of 7.5.0.

Has anyone got firmware for version 7.5.0.

Archived Firmware on the Eircom Site is I think 7.7 and fails with invalid file anyway.

Regards Ger

Hi Ger

The easiest way to do this is to call broadband support on 1890 260 260 ( 8am -10pm, 7days) so they can install the update remotely. A few customers had problems installing it, which is why we are referring to technical support to try an limit any problems. Let me know how the call goes.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newtopia

Instructions and firmware are here, courtesy of Vodafone.
    https://broadband.vodafone.ie/download/files/netopia_3347.zip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I have as I said the version here is 7.8.2r2. This upgrade requires that the modem must be running 7.5.0 or greater. My Modem in question cannot upgrade to this as its 7.4.2r2. the version in the archive folder did not work either, so the same must apply to it.

I need a 7.5.x Eircom Firmware so that I can upgrade it first which then will allow me to apply the latest firmware from the eircom website.

Hi ger664,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I spoke to broadband support and they advised it would be best to call then directly to go through all the firmware updates on 1890 260 260.

Can you give them a call and let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ger664,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I spoke to broadband support and they advised it would be best to call then directly to go through all the firmware updates on 1890 260 260.

Can you give them a call and let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Mark

Will do tomorrow as I will be at that location in the Afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Will do tomorrow as I will be at that location in the Afternoon

No problem,

Let me know if they were able to update that for you over the phone.

Thanks, Mark

No problem,

Let me know if they were able to update that for you over the phone.

Thanks, Mark

Mark

Not able to remotely update but support emailed the firmware I needed and I was able to update to current version. Maybe place the 7.5.0 firmware on the download site for old modems that where never updated.

Regards Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi ger664

Glad to hear you got the firmware update, good suggestion for 7.5.0 firmware I'll certainly pass this on.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement