Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying through the CAO not a school leaver or Mature student

Options
  • 14-12-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if everyone can help clarify something for me. I want to become a primary school teacher I have applied for a postgrad but I dont think ill get in due to not having the right standard of irish atm. I have a degree in music but I'm only 22 so I dont qualify as a mature student. Can I apply through the CAO using my 2007 leaving cert points and if so will I get the bonus points for doing honours maths.

Any clarification would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Hi,

I was wondering if everyone can help clarify something for me. I want to become a primary school teacher I have applied for a postgrad but I dont think ill get in due to not having the right standard of irish atm. I have a degree in music but I'm only 22 so I dont qualify as a mature student. Can I apply through the CAO using my 2007 leaving cert points and if so will I get the bonus points for doing honours maths.

Firstly you're in the wrong forum, you're not a mature or non traditional student. You can only apply as regular through the CAO with leaving results.

Secondly if you wont get in due to an insufficient standard of Irish how will maths help ?

Thirdly, if you're applying with result from 2007 then you have whatever points you got in 2007. Right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi,

Hi AMG.
    Regarding your query you will need an honours grade in LC Hons Irish to be considered for application to the B.Ed. You can apply on the basis of your 2007 LC but you are unlikely to get the bonus points for Maths as these are awarded on the basis of the new project maths curriculum which would not be the case with your results.

Advertisement