Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent turntable for under 100 euro?

• 14-12-2012 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent record player for under 100 euro.

Hooking it up to an existing system so don't need any built in speakers or that sort.

I had looked at the Auna TBA-298 Turntable but reviews of it don't seem to be great.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For that price I'd look for a second hand deck, check adverts.ie they usually have a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

At that price level realistically you're looking at crappy usb ones, barring a really good sale discount. Your best bet is to keep checking Adverts.ie, occasionally you get old ones which are in good nick. Marantz, Dual, Thorens & Rotel are particularly good to look out for. Alternatively save up a bit more & get a new Project or Rega. At a push this might be ok, though I'm not sure how good the included cartridge is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks guys. I've been warned and warned to avoid any one with the crappy USB ones.

Any brands you would recommend or suggest I avoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Thanks guys. I've been warned and warned to avoid any one with the crappy USB ones.

Any brands you would recommend or suggest I avoid?

Once you stay away from the usb ones you should be ok really. The brands I've mentioned are probably the best to look out for. Nad do decent turntables too. If buying new you're probably best to set a budget of >€200 or so for entry level models. Keep checking Adverts though & you might get a great one for far less than that. You may also need a phono stage if your existing system only accepts "line-level" inputs.

Advertisement