Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working Again - Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 16GB ~€180 after cashback

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thats from a fairly mad seller, flogging it at £298..

This is just a waiting game, for when it will actually go for £195 again, sold by amazon themselves. My bet is that it will..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone looking for an alternative theres a pretty big saving on the AT300 at the minute too, much better processor quad core > dual core

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008CO26G2/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

back to 195 again

joe250 wrote: »
    back to 195 again
    Wont let me add to basket..

My order went through ok

My order went through ok
    Had you it all done before you posted here, that slight time delay might have stopped me.. When I saw it at £195, it was in the other buying options as opposed to the main price shown..

Yes had it done when it was in the other buying options

Yes had it done when it was in the other buying options
    Fair enough, they must literally b letting go 50 of them at a time when they are putting the price up and own like this..

Tear!

I spend all day bar breakfast hitting refresh, decided to finally do some work at 2 30, missed again.

• Advertisement

Tear!

I spend all day bar breakfast hitting refresh, decided to finally do some work at 2 30, missed again.
    I know, sickening. I was the same, decided to make some lunch, and missed out by literally a couple of minutes I'd say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

This is misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Tear!

Let us know when youre taking your next break from the hunt.

mathie wrote: »
    Let us know when youre taking your next break from the hunt.

Drive home from work between 5 - 5 30.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Drive home from work between 5 - 5 30.........

1000 units put live at 5:01
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

This brings memories of the HP Touchpad flooding back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

bromley52 wrote: »
    This brings memories of the HP Touchpad flooding back.

That was more fun. I had to jump in the car and do a 23km dash to get mine. :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OYLM6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

These have finally come back into stock with amazon themselves, but at a new price of £238, so thats about €245 about when you factor in the €50 Samsung cashback.. Available in Black or White.

Still a good deal but I reckon I'll hold off for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Will it be a £50 or a 50 euro cashback when you apply for it?

It says 50 euro if purchased from Ireland but having purchased from an english-based site,should you be entitled to a sterling cashback?

I'm assuming it depends on the address you give when applying i.e sterling if from UK,Euro if from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

GEM_13 wrote: »
    Will it be a £50 or a 50 euro cashback when you apply for it?

It says 50 euro if purchased from Ireland but having purchased from an english-based site,should you be entitled to a sterling cashback?

I'm assuming it depends on the address you give when applying i.e sterling if from UK,Euro if from Ireland.

If you try and choose sterling as the cashback then it looks for an address and it defaults to a UK one with no option to enter Ireland. You also later have to enter your bank details which they will know whether its a UK or Irish based on your IBAN/SWIFT details. I got the Tab 2 and claimed back euros as the address is important so you can receive the 8gb sd card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Zonda999 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OYLM6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

These have finally come back into stock with amazon themselves, but at a new price of £238, so thats about €245 about when you factor in the €50 Samsung cashback.. Available in Black or White.

Still a good deal but I reckon I'll hold off for now..

If Carphone warehouse or anyone else for that matter reduces the price again to £195 then they'll match it again.
    Do Amazon still operate their little advertised policy of refunding any price difference within 30 days? I got almost £100 back on a Sony tv, but that was in 2007 (iirc). At that time the customer service rep told me that they only refunded for larger amounts (I think she mentioned £10 as being the min).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I got mine in Newry and now when I look at the form for the cashback if you say you got it in UK it won't allow you put in anything for Ireland, did anyone else get one up north and manage to claim the cashback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

bought from tesco direct

went through the process as if i bought it in ireland and got approved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just got my tab this morning. Went to apply for the cashback but it is telling me that I have to wait 15 days after date of purchase (which was 14th) to get cashback:confused: Don't remember reading about anyone else having to wait.

What will they accept as proof of purchase from Amazon? They mention Sainsburys and Tesco direct but don't say anything about Amazon.

Is it worth trying to claim in sterling (given that it was bought in Sterling) for the sake of an extra €10

Haven't even broken the seal of the box yet though as I feel a bit guilty about buying it! Worked out at just over €250 according to my credit card online thingy. (so €190/200 net cost depending on cashback)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

If you want to post it on to me, il give you the 200 euro for it, if you still feel guilty about buying it!
    lindtee wrote: »
    Just got my tab this morning. Went to apply for the cashback but it is telling me that I have to wait 15 days after date of purchase (which was 14th) to get cashback:confused: Don't remember reading about anyone else having to wait.

What will they accept as proof of purchase from Amazon? They mention Sainsburys and Tesco direct but don't say anything about Amazon.

Is it worth trying to claim in sterling (given that it was bought in Sterling) for the sake of an extra €10

Haven't even broken the seal of the box yet though as I feel a bit guilty about buying it! Worked out at just over €250 according to my credit card online thingy. (so €190/200 net cost depending on cashback)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

lindtee wrote: »

I suppose the 15 days is to stop people claiming the money then returning under distance selling regulations.

Advertisement