Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my broadband options?

• 14-12-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked a lot but I'm looking for advice on broadband options.

I'm based close enough to Cork city (Glanmire area) so get good signals/reception on most things.

At the moment we use an O2 dongle on our laptop which is fine.

However my wife and I both have smartphones and I'm a heavy data user so wifi in the house would be good if it helped reduce my mobile costs

Also my wife has a kindle so downloading through wifi would also be handy for her

We pay €20 a month for the O2 dongle. Was thinking about the O2 hotshot as 5 devices can connect to it. Have read mixed reviews about it online

We don't have a landline in the house

Anyone suggest options that I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

we have the 5 devices one and it wont suit your needs. cant even watch youtube on it. however. apparently our area speed 'fluctuates'.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭big_drive

Just looking again for any updated information on the O2 wifi device?

Good/bad experiences?

the speeds on the dongle have been very good so can i assume the wifi device will be similar or does it work on a different basis

Advertisement