Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free DoneDeal Ad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

pp_me wrote: »

Thank you pp_me, I've just placed an advert. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks for that. Just sold a car inside 20 minutes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Just watch out you don't get robbed by a scangbanger like I did last time I met someone from donedeal. Adverts all the way with feedback!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Just sold a car inside 20 minutes. :)

Nice :)

Only on donedeal does something like that happen. Put up a damaged car with a serious coolant leak last year and the phone started ringing within seconds. Had the cash in my hand less than an hour later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

Cheers OP

Sold my stuff within an hour....Donedeal is deadly at times!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

oooh perfect timing, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

Just watch out you don't get robbed by a scangbanger like I did last time I met someone from donedeal. Adverts all the way with feedback!!!

Adverts is 99% full of timewasters, had an add for weeks and got nothing but wasters with false offers. One hour on donedeal and it was gone....

I used to like Adverts fwiw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

pp_me wrote: »

Lovely stuff. Shifted something that I've been meaning to licquidate inside 2 hours of putting the ad up. Cheers OP. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bidiots wrote: »
    Adverts is 99% full of timewasters, had an add for weeks and got nothing but wasters with false offers.

Ah now I wouldn't say 99% full of timewasters. I'd think a figure of 80% to 90% of timewasters is more accurate an estimate. I've sold a few bits and bought a few bits on adverts. The people Ive traded with were generally very good to deal with in fairness. Agree a price were happy with, turned up as agreed usually fairly on time etc. (being late for appointments is an Irish thing Im well used to)

Granted though there are plently of messers, timewasters and chancers on it. Had plenty offer me something like €20 for something I was selling for a few hundred. The last guy was giving me €20 for a car part I was selling and expected me to drive half way across the country:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Put an ad up the hopefully will be able to shift some stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

unkel wrote: »
    Nice :)

Only on donedeal does something like that happen. Put up a damaged car with a serious coolant leak last year and the phone started ringing within seconds. Had the cash in my hand less than an hour later :D
    Yup, car had something wrong with the suspension, brakes needed new pads and (I think) disks, timing belt was seriously overdue a change, clutch was riding high and was basically a financial write off. Put it up for the value of the scrappage and tax back money in case someone wanted it for parts and save me the hassle of scrapping / running around to get the tax back and lo and behold it seems to be back up for three times the price after a wash, the addition of some hubcaps and brake pads! (actually, twice what I paid for it two years and 35k less miles ago!)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4313507

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Sleepy wrote: »
    Yup, car had something wrong with the suspension, brakes needed new pads and (I think) disks, timing belt was seriously overdue a change, clutch was riding high and was basically a financial write off. Put it up for the value of the scrappage and tax back money in case someone wanted it for parts and save me the hassle of scrapping / running around to get the tax back and lo and behold it seems to be back up for three times the price after a wash, the addition of some hubcaps and brake pads! (actually, twice what I paid for it two years and 35k less miles ago!)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4313507

But it says in the ad that the car is 100% perfect!!

It really makes you think about how many chancers are out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

How long is the free ad from done deal running ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

jmorrisey wrote: »
    But it says in the ad that the car is 100% perfect!!

It really makes you think about how many chancers are out there

A load, first question to ask is 'how long have you owned the car' and when you go to see the car double check the date and the name in the logbook.
    Last time I was looking for a car on donedeal more than half had 'owned' the car for less than 3 months or when I asked for id to check the name on the logbook they were 'selling it for their brother or friend' - probably just bought it and said 'oh i'll post the logbook'

Donedeal is a fabulous resource though i used to have to trawl through buy and sell, gumtree, the dealer, munster free ads etc. now I just donedeal.

Last time I was in the local tyre place I was chatting to a traveller who described it as the tinkers bible lol

Advertisement