Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Bin Co for household bins collection?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Quote Snipped

Are you in the waste collection business yourself? Seems to be a bit of a war on!!
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/12/14/revealed-the-dublin-bin-wars-dossier/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

On the other hand some fecker dumped a load of rubbish in the greyhound bins I'm waiting to be taken away :mad:[/QUOTE]

How long is it taking for Greyhound to collect their bins? mine are outside for nearly 2 weeks now and every fecker is using them to dump their rubbish as they pass.:mad::mad:

Im very happy with citybin, great service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

City bin don't service my estate so stuck with Greyhound for another year. Annoying thing is they service the road around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Now I'm not complaining, I'm happy with my service so far, I'm just curious: as I asked on the phone if there were any T&Cs to the deal and was told no, the T&Cs nudger has mentioned weren't in my welcome pack and I have an advertisement from them saying no extra charges on the €99 deal… what if my bin is overweight and they charge me?

Received an email yesterday from city bin explaining some changes in practices.

They have symplfied their T+Cs but in j they mention the 50kg limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

On the other hand some fecker dumped a load of rubbish in the greyhound bins I'm waiting to be taken away :mad:

How long is it taking for Greyhound to collect their bins? mine are outside for nearly 2 weeks now and every fecker is using them to dump their rubbish as they pass.:mad::mad:[/Quote]

Been since before Xmas now, every time I email they respond politely saying they'll collect them soon. I've given up now, just going to stick them in the back garden for long term storage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was looking to sign up with this crowd myself as I saw some houses not far from me using the service, only to be told that they don't service my estate.

Also, I notice on their site that the 99 euro deal is only for the first year. After that you have to pay 15 euro a month with a 'fair usage policy', (180 per annum)not to exceed 5000kg in a year. And the 15 euro rate us only guaranteed until 2015.
    It doesn't sound promising.

What are greyhounds rates anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Was looking to sign up with this crowd myself as I saw some houses not far from me using the service, only to be told that they don't service my estate.

Also, I notice on their site that the 99 euro deal is only for the first year. After that you have to pay 15 euro a month with a 'fair usage policy', (180 per annum)not to exceed 5000kg in a year. And the 15 euro rate us only guaranteed until 2015.
    It doesn't sound promising.

What are greyhounds rates anyway?

The limit is 500kg, not 5000. a 2 year guarantee is reasonable. Landfill costs will likely rise, so City Bin are just being reasonable.

GH are charging different rates to every customer. You could be charged €29 per month and your next door neighbour might be charged €15 per month. At first, I thought is was priced by area, but no, they just charge you whatever they think they can get away with. I'm with Oxigen. Even though City Bin are cheaper right now, I am so far happy with Oxigen, but i'm always open to change (with the exception of GH).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Personally, I'm very happy with CityBin so far. Excellent customer service and good value

Advertisement