Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 17 results

Options
  • 14-12-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Panther fiasco. Saints 48-21 Panthers. Went 28-7 down off 2 silly turnovers, got back to 28-21 but the rest was a disaster. Had to abandon the run. 4 turnovers. Shocking stuff, worst was Joe Adams fumble that let the Saints go from 21-7 to 28-7 up. Also, not turning the Saints over once sucked. Defense, bar Charles Johnson, seemed asleep.

However
    , there is a silver lining, and the Saints would know all about this sort of thing. I tore Jimmy Graham's ACL in the dying minutes. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Matthew I can see it now "Raoul is injury slider reset scandal"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »

However
    , there is a silver lining, and the Saints would know all about this sort of thing. I tore Jimmy Graham's ACL in the dying minutes. :D

Ah heyor, leave ih ou!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Do injuries carry over to the next season? Because I have my 2 starting CBs still with about 15 weeks of injury left....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

15 weeks wouldn't carry over to preseason anyway so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

However[/B], there is a silver lining, and the Saints would know all about this sort of thing. I tore Jimmy Graham's ACL in the dying minutes

This could be useful to me...evil laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Buccs 28 - 21 Falcons

So that's it. End of the season for the buccaneers. Following a torid start the buccs turned their season around to finish up with a .500 result. Victory against the falcons in spite of being 14 points down at one stage in the second quarter ensures they avoid the divisional spoon. A mixture of Talib missing at CB and, I firmly believe, my pizza arriving at the end of the first quarter, allowed the Falcons to pass all over me. But alas for the Falcons' playoff aspirations the second half came... the pizza was finished ( i only had a couple of slices with chips like im not a hound) and Doug Martin combined with Clarke to really turn the screws.

GG luke sorry bout the whole play off thing next season we are going to have a cracking division me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Panther fiasco. Saints 48-21 Panthers. Went 28-7 down off 2 silly turnovers, got back to 28-21 but the rest was a disaster. Had to abandon the run. 4 turnovers. Shocking stuff, worst was Joe Adams fumble that let the Saints go from 21-7 to 28-7 up. Also, not turning the Saints over once sucked. Defense, bar Charles Johnson, seemed asleep.

However

Yeah I let rivalry and having fun get the better of me here and i should have taken off starters earlier. Don't think I have enjoyed a game of madden more than this. Graham was back on the field for a couple of plays though :confused:.

You were extremely brave running with cam so much in the open field. Hope we meet again in the playoffs.

What a good morale booster this game was.

P.s Matthew, any chance you could have the chat room running when you are playin to further allow the lines of comms to remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I was trying to get online, but someone else was using the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Colts 21 Texans 6.

Luck 14/28 296 yards 2 TD's and the usual 5 interceptions :rolleyes:
    Brown 52 yards rushing from 15 attempts
    Fleener 10 receptions 218 yards 2 TD's :D

Schaub 17/28 46 Yards 2 Interceptions.
    Foster 57 yards rushing from 19 attempts.

that was basically that. Christmas party here i come :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Detroit beat the bears 31-27 to bring an end to a fairly poor season to say the least.

Cutler sacked 7 times, Lions had 6 takeaways to the Bears 3.

Paddy, you really need to sort out that offensive line, worse than mine.

You should be in the playoffs, so best of luck there assuming madden doesnt screw you over.

I thought you should have gone for 2 after that last TD to make it a 3 point game. Also i was just about to call timoout for the onside kick, my own fault as i should have known you were going for onside.

Stafford finishes the season with just short of 4,000 yards, 34 TD's and 34 INT's, passer rating of 84. not good enough really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

adrian522 wrote: »
    Detroit beat the bears 31-27 to bring an end to a fairly poor season to say the least.

Cutles sacked 7 times, Lions had 6 takeaways to the Bears 3.

Paddy, you really need to sort out that offensive line, worse than mine.

You should be in the playoffs, so best of luck there assuming madden doesnt screw you over.

I thought you should have gone for 2 after that last TD to make it a 3 point game. Also i was just about to call timoout for the onside kick, my own fault as i should have known you were going for onside.

Stafford finishes the season with just short of 4,000 yards, 34 TD's and 34 INT's, passer rating of 84. not good enough really.

My offensive line is the worst in the league last time i looked cutler was the most sacked qb by a mile not going to be easy to sort it with a high draft pick and not a lot of cap to play with.

I would have taken 8-8 at the start to the year so been in the playoffs is a bonus.

Well played i knew it was going to be a hard game with my my offensive line up against your front four i never got anytime to look for a pass cutler was lucky to get out alive. The nfc north is going to be a very hard division to get out of the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ravens 13-10 Bengals

It was an ugly but exciting game in Cincinnati. Loads of picks and fumbles from both side made for a scrappy first half. The Ravens opened the scoring with a monster field goal, but a Nice touchdown from a screen pass put the Bengals in front. The teams swapped field goals and it was 10-6 to the Bengals at the half. The second half was much the same, but with 2 minutes left, the Ravens found themselves in Bengals territory, knowing only a touchdown would win them the game. Ray Rice obviously hadn't gotten the memo, and decides to fumble the ball, which was recovered by the Bengals. With two tine outs in hand, the Ravens knew they could still force a punt, but Dalton had other ideas, throwing for a first down to TE Charles. With the game seemingly over, the Bengals went about eating the clock. The Ravens D, however, hadn't given up and a monster hit from Lewis and McClain forced a fumble and McClain ran in for the TD. The Bengals, down by 3 and without the injured Gresham, forced themselves into Ravens territory, but an interception ended the game.

Thanks for the game and the chat Neko. I know you said you've been unlucky in a few games this year, but I've never seen anything like that, I had no right to win that match Hopefully it turns around for you and you start winning those close games.

Once again my D drags me over the line, and its onwards to the playoffs I go! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Kolb gets Cardinals back to winning ways in San Fran, hopefully the motivation Arizona needs to have a proper run at the divison next season!!!

Cards 17
    49ers 13

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Vikings finish the season with a modest 8-8 after beating the Packers 45-42 in what was a crazy game. Rodgers VS Peterson.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jags @ Titans and its a must win for the Titans here..
    Titans receive and C2J and Cookie move it but then a sack forces a long FG.. it drops well short.

MJD... The Tank
    Colin MCCarthy... awareness of a sloth

Titans stop the Jags for a FG.

Titans punt..
    Tebow throws an int

C2J fumbles in the redzone! it goes out of bounds :D
    FG Titans

Tebow throws an int, Titans kick a FG!

3-6 at HT Jags to receive
    Jags are in the redzone.. Pass to Blackmon for a TD

Titans throw an int!
    TD Jags

Locker starts airing it out and 2 picks.. are dropped!
    Titans are on 4th and inches.. they make the down.. but no Madden said he didnt make it!

TD Jags

Pick Titans, Titans fans booing their team and rightly so!
    TD Jags

Locker throws another pick..
    TD Jags..
    Locker throws a pick.. TD

Pick Jags :pac:
    Locker throws a pick :(

Hasslebeck takes a few snaps

Cookie goes down...
    Titans into the redzone
    Hass throws an int on the 2 yard line and thats game

Jags 38 Titans 6

Titans end the season and concede 30 points in the second half.

Well done Mikey, Though Tebow threw 2 early ints he got it going in the 2nd half while Locker had a decent first half and then fell apart.

Titans do not make the play offs unless team Gronk miss the plane to Miami :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 38-6 Titans.

This was a strange one, as the Titans lead 6-3 at half time! 35 unanswered 2nd half points from the Jags send them into the playoffs and avoid a wildcard game.

Heli had me scratching my head in the 1st quarter, our defences cancelled each other out, that was how it was until half time actually, I got 1 FG, Heli got 2.

Did Tim Tebow have a chat with the big man upstairs about Locker's first half performance? Did MJD send a minion in to spike the Titans QB's Gatorade? Because Locker came out and threw 5 interceptions, Hasselbeck came on and threw the 6th.

The came turned on a 4th an inches for the Titans with the score at 10-6. Locker looked to have made it, but it was ruled a turnover. From there the Jags were ruthless. A quickfire 21 points in the 3rd quarter killed the game. Rashad Jennings came on to score 2 TD's in the place of MJD in the 4th.

Unlucky again Heli, once I forced you to pass for yardage and took the option Chris Johnson's running game away it was curtains thanks to Locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The jets are 16-0 ! Played the bills CPU . Brainon hasn't been active in awhile . 30 something 7 . I benched my starters at the half .

Delighted to finish with an undefeated streak . Now tough play off games loom. Will I be 1 and done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The jets are 16-0 ! Played the bills CPU . Brainon hasn't been active in awhile . 30 something 7 . I benched my starters at the half .

Delighted to finish with an undefeated streak . Now tough play off games loom. Will I be 1 and done ?

Congrats

You're no Berty though :D

Great achievement dave.. no send me the cash for me letting the CPU win :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Kolb gets Cardinals back to winning ways in San Fran, hopefully the motivation Arizona needs to have a proper run at the divison next season!!!

Cards 17
    49ers 13

This was a funny game, I really enjoyed it. Dropped catches by Hunter/Gore and Davis(straight into the CB's Hands) cost me big gains and possible point scoring chances. Going to have to increase my RB's catching stats. Gores is 78 but still he drops a 20+yrd open pass. Had a good laugh and look forward to two more battles next season. Can't see myself going too far in the playoffs due to poor offensive play but maybe the D can win me a game or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Vikings finish the season with a modest 8-8 after beating the Packers 45-42 in what was a crazy game. Rodgers VS Peterson.
    Turnovers cost the Packers for once. 2 bad INTs and a fumble....

Packers GM is weighing up offering Lambeau Field in a trade offer to the Vikings for Peterson....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

You're no Berty though :D
    Don't think so...Dave has now passed me out and left me in his wake. Definitely far better than me at this version. I would be delighted to even give Dave a decent game in the playoffs but not too hopeful of even getting that chance. The Chiefs are young and have a lot of deficiencies and I'm finding every win tough, the standard in the league has risen incredibly over the last year !

Congrats to Dave, a great achievement !

Heli, the fate of your Titans (8-8) looks to be partly in my hands tonight. Ravens (9-7) are definitely in Wild Card, Broncos (7-8) need to beat my Chiefs to get to 8-8 and Patriots (7-8) need to beat the Dolphins to get to 8-8. Not sure who the tie breaking procedure favours. Interestingly I think the Chiefs will end up playing whichever team gains that spot in the Wildcard Round.

Berty44 wrote: »

Heli, the fate of your Titans (8-8) looks to be partly in my hands tonight. Ravens (9-7) are definitely in Wild Card, Broncos (7-8) need to beat my Chiefs to get to 8-8 and Patriots (7-8) need to beat the Dolphins to get to 8-8. Not sure who the tie breaking procedure favours. Interestingly I think the Chiefs will end up playing whichever team gains that spot in the Wildcard Round.

The Pats have beaten me Berty so they'll get it if they beat the CPU not sure on the Broncos...
    Better draft pick though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

The Pats have beaten me Berty so they'll get it if they beat the CPU not sure on the Broncos...
    Better draft pick though :p

Whatever about the playoff tie breakers have to feel for madden working out the draft picks with so many teams on 8-8 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

I was trying to get online, but someone else was using the computer.

No problem. And yes, Graham is out for the remainder of the season. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ah the Pats are through pretty much,they will beat the cpu and have beaten me and the titans.
    Which means I'm only really playing for a draft pick which will improve should I lose I guess,that being said my form is good and I wanna try a few defensive plays on the chiefs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Tab froze up on me and I lost my play by play commentary :(

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|0|7|7|14|28
    Dolphins|6|10|3|3|22

With a hard fought win, Team Gronk will, baring some silly Madden tiebreaker higgidly piggildy, be making an apperance in the playoffs.

Also, 1989 receiving yards in a season. New NFL record, up yours Gresham!

Well done dave, will trade you my higher draft pick for Gronk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Also, 1989 receiving yards in a season. New NFL record, up yours Gresham!

:mad: Yeah I kinda broke him 50 yds into last game of season

He'll crush it next season!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A real AFC North game here
    Nervous tight, heavy use of the running backs and some brutal hits

Some stats
    Big Ben 10-16 202yds 1TD 1INT
    Charlie Batch 3-7 40 yds 0TD 0INT
    Weeden 8-33 187yds 1TD 2INT

Mendenhall 12 carries 28yds
    Chris Rainey 12 carries 65yds 1 TD
    Trent Richardson 19 carries 75 yds

Mike Wallace 6 catches 128yds 1 TD
    Massaquoi 2 catches 104 yds 1 TD

Lots and lots of defensive players clocked up big tackle numbers and some got multiple sacks

A tight game, Steelers just a cut above with the suprisingly fleet footed Big Ben, for a big man he can certainly move.
    Rainey ripped apart the Browns for a 45yd TD up the middle

Browns GM got out the chequebook for the bounty money and sure enough, Chris Rainey will be struggling to play again this season, broken collarbone ;)

Steelers led 14-0 at half time with a Mike Wallace 83 yd, beating my cornerback and once Wallace gets free there's not a defensive back in the league who can catch him

Steelers coach put in the subs at half time and the difference showed.
    Mendenhall may have a reputation in this league but he showed nothing this game, nailed time after time for no gain

Charlie Batch was average but his lack of mobility showed him sacked twice.

Browns didn't stick with the run game and put the game on Brandon Weedon and it just didn't work

Greg Little doing his usual routine of dropping the ball :mad::mad::mad:

So it was back to Josh Cribbs and my man Massaquoi who hauled in a 50 yd TD

Browns battled back up the field in the 4 quarter and had 1st and goal in the redzone
    But four passing attempts failed, Greg Little dropping on the 1 yd line. Good coverage by the Steelers, credit due

Best time won, good luck for the playoffs

MVP of the game
    I'm giving it to Ike Taylor with 3 tackles and 2 picks. One of the best cornerbacks in the AFC

Honourable mention to rookie Sean Spence who led the Steelers in tackles, I think we'll be hearing his name a lot more next season. Very impressive

Steelers take the 4 seed
    Browns go 6-10 but have 45 million in cap room so are going Dream Team this off-season :cool:

Advertisement