Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 17 results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

AFC North football was one effect as the Steelers held off a late flurry from The Browns 14-7.

Not a whole lot happened in this game, although Mike kept up his proud tradition of knocking out my running backs as Chris Rainey broke his collarbone and will miss the rest of the season. I delved into FA and re-signed John Dwyer and picked up Jerious Norwood.

I think the number one priority for the Browns in the off season is a receivers coach who can get these guys to catch. So many times the GM was let down by dropped passes.

Steelers host the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs!!

Thanks for the game Mike, and great chat, I hope the off season plans for domination come true, well some of them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Looking forward to the game Etlovelsd! Wouldn't want it against anyone else :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chiefs 35 Broncos 3

O my sweet jebus,after a couple of good wins the Broncos came crashing down to earth here versus the chiefs.
    The game was over after the 1st quarter with the chiefs scoring 3 touchdowns in the quarter.
    Most of the game was the Jamal Charles and Hillis show,Broncos cud not stop either for love nor money.
    (Whatever I did I cudn't stop the run,was trying 2 man under and putting 2 linebackers on the HB,wasn't working,cover 2's,cover 1's)
    Hillis ended the game with about 100 yards and Charles with about 200 hundred yards and 2 touchdowns including a touchdown run from his inside his 10 yard line.
    Also the Chiefs passing was really good,nearly all recievers were hit and the passing was so fast sometimes,just snapped and the ball was gone.
    Thanks to Berty for easing off me on the 2nd half he cud have rightly run up a score and a massive thanks for explaining about the re-signings and cap penalties,I really didn't have a clue:pac: .
    Gluk in the playoffs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

hmm so is gresham available?

and my run d wants a crack at chiefs next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

gufc21 wrote: »
    and my run d wants a crack at chiefs next season

That will be interesting. My FA pickup at the start of the season was a guy called Jeff Demps. He is a player I had followed in college football where he played at Florida. However I had did not know that he had an injury that meant he was out for the season. And so my FA pickup sat on the bench all season one . I shall be hoping to resign him at season end as he is obviously on a one year deal.

What I did know that he is quick, Olympic quick. In real life he was a member of the US Olympic 4 x 100 and won an olympic medal. He missed the NFL Combine to concentrate on the Olympics but afterwards signed a 3 year deal with the Pats. As he was injured has had to sit out all of this season. He has better speed ( 98 v 97 ) and acceleration ( 99 v 97 ) than Charles so will be my punt/kickoff returner and will sub in for Charles.

Just a little story.....:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He'll break in the 1st game berty :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can he hold on to the ball though? :pac:

I started a Patriots franchise offline just to use him, he is amazing. I saw you pick him up at the start of the year and put him on IR, sneaky. Like something The Dark Lord of New England would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I've not seen him in any other franchise !

His carrying is decent and his stats are good enough to contribute in the passing game. Heli could be right though, his injury is 66 so I will be building that up and using him sparingly.

• Advertisement

I started a franchise with the most up to date roster. I also turned pre existing injuries off. The only problem I have found with him is he gets tired, but running for 80 yards a time will do that. Ive nearly 500 yards in 4 games with him. Doesn't sound like much but keep in mind I do a bit of passing with that Brady fella too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Berty44 wrote: »
    That will be interesting. My FA pickup at the start of the season was a guy called Jeff Demps. He is a player I had followed in college football where he played at Florida. However I had did not know that he had an injury that meant he was out for the season. And so my FA pickup sat on the bench all season one . I shall be hoping to resign him at season end as he is obviously on a one year deal.

What I did know that he is quick, Olympic quick. In real life he was a member of the US Olympic 4 x 100 and won an olympic medal. He missed the NFL Combine to concentrate on the Olympics but afterwards signed a 3 year deal with the Pats. As he was injured has had to sit out all of this season. He has better speed ( 98 v 97 ) and acceleration ( 99 v 97 ) than Charles so will be my punt/kickoff returner and will sub in for Charles.

Just a little story.....:pac:

O god,this is what I have to look forward too next season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've got this guy with crazy speed on my roster, his name is Maurice Jones-Drew. Having an ok season.

Any idea of what time it will be advanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys squeak by the backup Redskins, thanks to some timely turnovers (including a fumble recovery as the RB is crossing the goal line and a pick-6) and a beastly performance by Dez Bryant.

Just played myself out of draft position.

Saw some stats after the game, and apparently the mediocre 8-8 Cowboys are 1st in the league in 3rd Down %

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can we advance?

Advertisement