Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Klipsch-X10i

• 14-12-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm finally going to invest in a decent pair of earphones again. I was looking at these Klipsch-X10i on amazon and they are my front runner at the moment. Before i purchase i just wanted to see if anybody had anything negative to say about them, or could give me a better alternative in the same price range (€150-200).

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Good headphones, but they come up a bit cheaper than that from time to time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Good headphones, but they come up a bit cheaper than that from time to time...

Actually, i've just seen the x10 for £99 on amazon, I might just go with them at that price. The only difference i can see is the mic (does the mic on the x10i work on a android phone?)

Andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm not sure about Android to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There's an Irish on line shop selling these with free postage.

If you are willing to wait or call them they often sell off "reconditioned" models,

I have seen the X10i go for EUR 120 and X10i Lou Reed Signatures go for EUR 150. (Purchased a set myself a few months back) Only dislike about these headphones is that the very light cables intend to tangle.

Warranties last 2 months on the reconditioned headphones.

Mic on the X10 works fine with Apple.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Headphones-/112529/i.html?item=251192211032&pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a7c38f658&_ssn=digitalifestyle&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

I've had a set of the Klipsch x10i for about a year. Overall, they are an excellent pair of earphones. I came from a set of rubbish standard Apple ones and when I got the x10i I could hear new things in my music that I had never heard before. It was brilliant! I accidentally left them at home when I was travelling recently and bought a cheap set of JVC earphones abroad and it was only then that you truly realise how good the x10i are.

That said, I agree with Run_to_the_hills about the lightness of the cable. I would have expected a much higher quality to be honest and they do tangle quite a bit but I can live with it. They come with a little black leather box which helps keep them tidy. They work great with iOS but I'm not sure about Android.

A few weeks ago, I saw a guy in Dixons in the airport paying €288 for them!!! If you can get them for around the €130/€150 mark then I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

silverwood wrote: »
    A few weeks ago, I saw a guy in Dixons in the airport paying €288 for them!!! If you can get them for around the €130/€150 mark then I'd say go for it.
    €288 for them!!! :eek:

For an extra e50 you would pick up a pair of Sure 535's and these have detachable cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

€288 for them!!! :eek:

For an extra e50 you would pick up a pair of Sure 535's and these have detachable cables.

Or get your own custom molded earphones for far less...

http://cosmicears.com/shop/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears

Thanks for the reply's everyone

I went for the x10's for £99. I cant wait for good earphones again, the last pair I had where Bang and Olufsen's that where in a jacket that got nicked. Overall i'm happy with the price. I'll let ya know what I think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Actually, i've just seen the x10 for £99 on amazon, I might just go with them at that price. The only difference i can see is the mic (does the mic on the x10i work on a android phone?)

Andrew

You were right to go for the cheaper ones - the x10i mic does not work on an android phone. These earbuds won't disappoint you - the sound quality is excellent.

Just a quick report on these. They are fantastic. By far the best earphones i have ever owned. The sound is amazing, it seems so clear and layered. Well worth the money if anyone is looking in this price range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement