Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passed my test!

• 14-12-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Boo Yeah!!!!

I passed finally and it only took two attempts.

Thanks to the weather Gods it wasn't raining and there was no icy patches.

A big thanks to Terry Cronin of Dublin Motorcycle Training who helped me pass. He's the real God. An excellent instructor and is highly recommended.

Happy ridin':D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nice one, not many better feelings than being told you passed and the drive home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really is a great feeling isnt it....I was so chuffed when I passed where as when I passed my cage test I was....meh!

Fair play well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Good stuff, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Michael_1

How difficult was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Well done OP. Don't forget to apply for your licence asap and get your 2 year restriction counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Thanks folks

Michael_1 it wasn't too bad I guess. Standard route out of finglas really - in and around willow park just north of Glassnevin ave and then around the back of the Autobhan pub and on down to collins ave ext. for the emergency breaking test. Then up the ballymun road and back along glassnevin ave towards test centre.

I'll be off to get the licence on Monday and to pay my car tax aswell:eek: unfortunately.

Cheers everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Congrats on passing

Finglas is not a bad route sounds like the same route i did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Let the two year countdown begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Congrats OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

How do they do the emergency braking test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

How do they do the emergency braking test?

They bring you to a quiet road that they know well and ask you to ride along at no more then 60klm iirc and brake hard. You must not lock the wheels and you must no come to a complete stop. So its a test of braking hard while keeping full control to a slow roll so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    They bring you to a quiet road that they know well and ask you to ride along at no more then 60klm iirc and brake hard. You must not lock the wheels and you must no come to a complete stop. So its a test of braking hard while keeping full control to a slow roll so to speak.

Thats it exactly as I was asked to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Thanks for the info

Advertisement