Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure vessel in Boiler, air locked radiator

• 14-12-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys,

I have a gas boiler, Recently it's been knocking itself off because the pressure vessel was failing (2 plumbers confirmed) I was told I could get the new Vessel anywhere on the system (by both plumbers) I got it installed in the hot press close to the pipe which goes to the radiator of the converted attic.

I've 2 problems,
    1) the light on the boiler is still coming on (knocking itself off for a few mins before turning back on inspite of the new vessel.
    2) the radiator in the attic now isn't working. I tried bleeding it and found when I removed enough water the water then coming into the radiator was hot which makes me think its air locked somewhere somewhere between the radiator and the return to the main system.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either of these problems???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hi guys,

I have a gas boiler, Recently it's been knocking itself off because the pressure vessel was failing (2 plumbers confirmed) I was told I could get the new Vessel anywhere on the system (by both plumbers) I got it installed in the hot press close to the pipe which goes to the radiator of the converted attic.

I've 2 problems,
    1) the light on the boiler is still coming on (knocking itself off for a few mins before turning back on inspite of the new vessel.
    2) the radiator in the attic now isn't working. I tried bleeding it and found when I removed enough water the water then coming into the radiator was hot which makes me think its air locked somewhere somewhere between the radiator and the return to the main system.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either of these problems???

Have you pressurized the new vessel by pumping air in through the Schreader valve in its top? That might also cure any airlock.

Advertisement