Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notice to Terminate

• 14-12-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice please?

I worked in a call centre as a temporary agent and I was let go today; told that my contract was being terminated.

Looking through my contract, it shows that I am employed for 6 months starting in August and can only be terminated without notice due to gross misconduct. other than that it states that a weeks notice needs to be given.

I was told today and led out of the building straight away and was told that I would be getting paid for my day's work and thats it. From looking on citizen's information it says that i need to be given 1 week's notice, and they can either let me work this, or pay me and i dont work.

The reason I was told my contract was being terminated is because they didnt think I was very friendly to another agent in the call centre who wanted to transfer a call to me without giving me any information to handle the call.

Just wondering what I should do? Do I dispute the dismissal? Ask for an extra weeks pay to make up for the 1 week's notice they failed to give?

Any advise would be really helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

ask for the weeks pay, definitely.

If you want to go back working there, then you could dispute the dismissal I suppose, but it sounds like a **** place to work.

How friendly was this other agent with your manager? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was an agent in another site, not in Ireland so we wouldnt know them personally at all; we'd only be able to tell what site they're located from their accent.

Just noticed in my contract as well that they can terminate without notice if:

'if the employee fails to satisfy the Client that the Employee has the qualifications, skills, ability and experience necessary for the carrying ouy of the Project under the management of the Client and to the satisfaction of the Client'.

Do you think they can claim this in any case really? And this would be grounds not to have to give that week's notice or pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Frankly, there's either more than you're telling us to this, or they're crazy. I've seen crazy call centres, but none that crazy.

Either way, if you've been employed by them under a year you have very little comeback tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No, thats the full story.. which is why Im seeking advice, because Im not sure what rights Id have as Ive never been dismissed from a job before or heard of this kind of situation.

The call involved an agent from another site wanting to transfer a call to me that they should of handled and had no info on the situation to give for me to actually take over the call.
    Its true that I wasnt friendly.. I turn off the charm if a transferring agent doesnt have any info and is just call avoiding and doesnt want to deal with the customer; but I wasnt rude or disrespectful, just wasnt the happy-go-lucky agent that you have to be to customers.

Advertisement