Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two European Languages for the L.C?

• 14-12-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It's Christmas of 5th year and I've just changed Geography to Spanish, so I'll be taking both French and Spanish for the leaving.
    Anyone else taking, or took, two languages?
    Is it very confusing?
    Like, I did both for the Junior... I'm very into my French and I want to study it in college. I like Spanish a little less though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Lucky , I have always wanted to do both, but theres only french in my school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I always loved languages, wanted to do Spanish and French for my JC and then LC. But Spanish isn't available in my school, just French and German(which I honestly didn't have huge interest for) .

To answer your question, I doubt you'd find yourself getting confused between the two. Some of the words/verbs may be similar and all, but looking at it a better way is to think that these similarities in both languages will help you understand better, and learn quicker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Quite a few people in my year did both French and German for the LC. I'm pretty sure they all thought it was fine, though it was very stressful for them around the time of the orals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I did French and German for LC. I was busy around the time of the orals, but other than that they were just two separate subjects which both happened to be languages. No regrets taking both either.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

I am studying 3 in college. Italian, German and Spanish. It only ever gets confusing between Spanish and Italian, for example I had both Spanish and Italian exams on tuesday.. Italian first and by the time of the spanish exam I just could not get the Italian out of my head. But overall, I love it and you're defo making the right choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Comme Les Autres.

Thanks a million all, I feel much more confident about it now!

Advertisement