Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI wont cancel

Options
  • 14-12-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

as above. VHI wont let me cancel a policy my mother is paying for since I was a kid. Im now 26. she wants to cancel it but they wont let her.
    Apparently they sent out a renewal and i wasnt at home. they auto renewed it within 30 days and are saying now its a year long contracat
    I have cover through work even so dont need it.

who do I contact about legalities of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

All health insurance auto renews cos that is how its regulated. They cant cancel it unless its requested. And they are all 12 month contracts. Im with them and they state clearly on the renewal notice thats its a 1 yr contract that cant be cancelled early. If work are paying yours tho then that might be different. Did u tell dem that?

Advertisement