Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung BDE5300 Blu-ray and DVD Player with YouTube.

• 14-12-2012 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Argos have a Samsung BDE5300 Blu-ray and DVD Player with YouTube for €69.99 reduced from €111.99. Cheaper than amazon

The Samsung BD-E5300 Blu-ray Player lets you connect to a world of online content and Smart services easily. You can also plug in your USB stick or external HDD drive and access movies, photos, music and more. And, with AllShare Play, you can even stream content wirelessly from PCs and mobile devices to your Blu-ray player and enjoy it on a larger screen.
    Blu-ray and DVD player
    • Quick start-up; ready to play a disc in just 3 seconds.
    • Blu-ray region B and DVD region 2.
    • Upscales to 1080p.
    • Playback compatibility: DVD, Blu-ray, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, DivX, MP3, MP4, WMA and JPEG.
    • Dual layer.
    Sound quality:
    • Digital noise reduction.
    • NICAM sound system.
    • Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD and Dolby True HD decoding.
    • Dolby.
    Connectivity:
    • 1 HDMI port.
    • 1 USB port.
    • Coaxial.
    • Ethernet port.
    Additional information:
    • Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included).
    • Size H3.7, W36, D19.3cm.
    • Weight 1.3kg.
    • On mode power consumption 12 watts.
    • Standby power consumption 0.3 watt.
    EAN/Barcode No: 8806071894690

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Looks decent. Only problem is that it doesn't have any audio outputs to connect to a separate speaker system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DjFlin wrote: »
    Looks decent. Only problem is that it doesn't have any audio outputs to connect to a separate speaker system.

Wont be a problem for me.

One question. Will this work on wi-fi ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have a Samsung Blu Ray Player and you can buy this dongle type thing for it which provides it access to your router wirelessy. About €40

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I have a Samsung Blu Ray Player and you can buy this dongle type thing for it which provides it access to your router wirelessy. About €40

Do you have a link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You'll get Rte player and Netflix on that too. Also full hd streaming

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »

All I need is decent broadband.

They are looking for €15 for a hdmi ethernet cable (1/2 price offer)
    I ordered one from amazon through PM for less than a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

All I need is decent broadband.

They are looking for €15 for a hdmi ethernet cable (1/2 price offer)
    I ordered one from amazon through PM for less than a tenner.

Or head into the €2 shop and get one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Wont be a problem for me.

I assume you connect it into a av receiver via hdmi and get the sound that way and the picture will go to the tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Slightly off topic...

Can anyone recommend a samsung or other make of bluray with surround sound speakers?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pioneer BCS-SB626 2.1 Smart 3D Blu-ray/DVD Home Cinema Sound Bar

sweetie wrote: »
    Pioneer BCS-SB626 2.1 Smart 3D Blu-ray/DVD Home Cinema Sound Bar

Something more affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

You're welcome. Try the internet

Ended up getting a 3D LG in currys for 79. Had a 10€ voucher from them.:D

http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-BP520-3D-Bluray-Player/313445/145.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

It will probably sound like a stupid question to most here but what would you use the Ethernet port and cable for. Also could I convert movies to divx on my PC and play them thru this player. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Do you have a link of how to do that? Doesn't come up on mine.

sweetie wrote: »
    You're welcome. Try the internet
    I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

It will probably sound like a stupid question to most here but what would you use the Ethernet port and cable for. Also could I convert movies to divx on my PC and play them thru this player. Thanks

You don't have to convert anything.

You can play them VIA the network if your player is connected to the network.

Or you can put them on a hard drive and connect that by USB directly into the player.

One thing I will say about Samsung is that currently they will play ANYTHING you throw at them. .mkv .mp4.

I have a WDTV live and a few other media players but my Samsung TV and Blu Ray players are what I use across the network. I have a wired network via Power lan plugs as I have heard that large files/films (5gigs+) have issues over wifi.

Everything works. They constantly update their firmware.

If you were thinking of getting someone a media player/streamer this is a much better option for simple file playing. With added blu ray bonus.

cgc5483 wrote: »

I am not sure you can. Unless it is for the really latest models.

You could try a firmware update.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/BD-D5300/ZK-downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I dont want to go off topic, but are Sony better or just as good as Samsung, as i have a Samsung telly, but was told to go for a Sony model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

The LG I got is £92 on Amazon....89€ in Currys

cgc5483 wrote: »

Seems its not the full smart experience I thought it was but it seems to do Netflix in some markets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I dont want to go off topic, but are Sony better or just as good as Samsung, as i have a Samsung telly, but was told to go for a Sony model
    Told by who? And for what reasons? Samsung are far more affordable than Sony and unless you are a real videophile the quality difference isn't going to be that noticeable. Samsung are a huge company and will be just as good on customer service too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

PC CDROM. you have given me something to think about. Thanks for your help

PC CDROM. you have given me something to think about. Thanks for your help

You're welcome. Just to make matters clearer. If you were on say UPC and the router was in the sitting room near the TV. You would hook the player by cable directly into the router (or modem/router if it has extra ports other wise you need a "hub" with ports)

Then on your main PC which is going to be connected somewhere on the network you would enable that to have media folders shared or use windows "media" centre to enable sharing.(Samsung also have their own program AllShare) And because the Samsung uses DLNA it should show your PC as a device and you just browse the shared folder to pick the media you want to play. Music/Videos/photos.

I can play directly off my PC but I mostly play from my NAS box.

My missus though plays music from her android phone directly through the TV sometimes, bless her :)

For the record anyone with a reasonable new Samsung TV should be able to do the above too via the lan port on the TV. Mine is a 46C750 about 2.5 years old and has media play abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Liam O wrote: »
    Told by who? And for what reasons? Samsung are far more affordable than Sony and unless you are a real videophile the quality difference isn't going to be that noticeable. Samsung are a huge company and will be just as good on customer service too.

Well i asked about Bluray players & one was recommended here as i was a bit lost trying to research it on Amazon thru all the reviews that i probably need wifi as a lot of people are having trouble with software updates & i was recommended one with wifi, but with it costing more & couldnt find a Samsung model affordable, but i have found this model on Currys.ie here's a comparison of the two.

As i have a Samsung LE46C530F & as mentioned in another post it would probably handy to have the same brand, but i have a lot more questions on it, but its probably better carried over to the appropriate thread as it would be only fair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 pmulv

How do you get the rte player? I only see youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

pmulv wrote: »

Download it from the Samsung Apps.

pmulv wrote: »
    See my last post, it's not full smart

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Dunno about bluray I have one it's quality is fantastic but the industry still undecided on its standards. So when I pick up a disk it's a gamble if it will work. Spending extra on the bluray version IMHO is a waste of money unless a free DVD is thrown in as standard.

I got this from samsung suport "The BluRay standard, unlike DVDs, is still in active development, so we cannot guarantee that all discs will play upon release; in this instance we would expect a solution to be made available via a firmware update as soon as possible."
    Thx D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

DjFlin wrote: »

The coaxial is digital audio out. Most surround systems with a decoder should accept it as input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

This Panasonic is reduced to 69 euro now:

http://www.currys.ie/Product/PANASONIC-DMPBD77EBK-Bluray-Player/312977/145.1

Seems okay?

If I was looking to view video files wirelessly from my laptop to one of these bluray players would I be better with a player with WiFi or ethernet connection? Or is this possible?

Advertisement