Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying runners online

• 14-12-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

i went into a shop today and the lady told me that different brands have sizes
    like and addidas 12 would be smaller than a nike 12

dose this make buying trainers online a no no :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

i went into a shop today and the lady told me that different brands have sizes
    like and addidas 12 would be smaller than a nike 12

dose this make buying trainers online a no no :)

Not necessarily, but it helps to have tried a particular pair beforehand. The lady was right btw, Adidas shoes are generally smaller than the "same" size of other brands.

Btw, I always order my runners one full size bigger than my office shoes. I attribute the fact that I never get blisters to the bigger shoe size of my runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

There is an online tool on some retailers.
    Shoefitr is a 3d scan of the inside of a shoe, you can use it to compare an existing shoe to one you are interested in.
    I've used it before and it is accurate, but there is no substitute for getting a fitting in a shop, some shoes might measure up right but have an annoying feature that will not be scanned.
    Or they might just not feel right.
    The foot strap in lunrglide3 being the perfect example, some people found it really irritating.
    There is a link here to a site that uses it, click the "Show me how it fits" button.
    CLICK

Bertie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

i though i would get a scientific reply in the forum LOL

the shoes are just for every day ware =] so i wont be worrying about blisters ect.

is adidas the only odd ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

is adidas the only odd ball

From my own experience, adidas shoes are a little bit smaller than any other brand and Nike's toe box tends to be narrower than average, but not for every kind of shoe.

For most others, well, it depends on the actual shoe.

New Balance don't just sell different sizes, they sell shoes with different widths as well, btw. I know a few people with wide feet who find wide NB shoes more comfortable than any others.

im a size F***ing 13 =[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

b.harte wrote: »
    There is an online tool on some retailers.
    Shoefitr is a 3d scan of the inside of a shoe, you can use it to compare an existing shoe to one you are interested in.
    I've used it before and it is accurate, but there is no substitute for getting a fitting in a shop, some shoes might measure up right but have an annoying feature that will not be scanned.
    Or they might just not feel right.
    The foot strap in lunrglide3 being the perfect example, some people found it really irritating.
    There is a link here to a site that uses it, click the "Show me how it fits" button.
    CLICK

Bertie

Now that is an awesome comparison tool !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

im a size F***ing 13 =[

I'm a size 13 as well and in the past I've worn Nike Pegasus size 13 which were fine for everyday use.

Since taking up running I'm wearing Mizuno Wave Inspire size 13 as they are a structured shoe and provide support for my Pronation.

I'd recommend a try before you buy policy, I knew a guy who would go into Clearys in Dublin and try on shoes and jot down the manufacturer and style & size from the box then go online to try and find them cheaper elsewhere.

lway wrote: »
    I knew a guy who would go into Clearys in Dublin and try on shoes and jot down the manufacturer and style & size from the box then go online to try and find them cheaper elsewhere.
    good thinking but alota work :pac:

i am going to get Reebok Classic Rayen 744819eeee1918fd7f36717.jpg but have to wait tell jan 4th for them to be in sports direct
    and because they are cheap i might aswell get Lonsdale Fulham 12217633992.jpg aswell

good thinking but alota work :pac:

i am going to get Reebok Classic Rayen 744819eeee1918fd7f36717.jpg but have to wait tell jan 4th for them to be in sports direct
    and because they are cheap i might aswell get Lonsdale Fulham 12217633992.jpg aswell

I think you're on the wrong forum, to everyone on here, those are not runners, certainly not as we know them.;)

Should be under a fashion forum or something.

i did say for casual ware
    the reason i ask here is for size info as you guys/gals would have more in dept info

• Advertisement

i did say for casual ware
    the reason i ask here is for size info as you guys/gals would have more in dept info

hence my ;)

Regarding sizing info, I would think that casual "trainers" would be closer in size to normal shoes, whereas as running shoes will usually be a little bigger to accommodate the extra pressure & spreading of the feet during training.
    Having said all that, I have never bought a pair of shoes off the internet, plenty of clothes & stuff, but not shoes, as I find that every manufacturer will have a different last and so the sizing will vary.

:p

Advertisement