Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding piercing bump?

Options
  • 14-12-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone.
    I've had my scaffolding pierced for about a month now and I'm not really sure if has a bump or what it is. I've been cleaning it twice daily with sea salt water and it just feels like there is a bump on it. Especially the lower hole. I;m not sure if its nothing at all but I just want to be safe and not get it infected.
    Any input would be great, thanks :)

Here's a picture of the piercing:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It's hypertrophic scarring, it happens with cartilage piercings a lot of the time. It's not infected, and it should go away on its own in time. Be careful not to bump the piercing or sleep on it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I used to get the exact thing with my tragus piercing. Theres a cream called fucidin that I used and it was very good I have used it a lot for my piercings and infections that I have gotten and it works wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

i had a great big one on my scaffold when i had it first done because i had to wear a hairnet for work and kept getting it tangled on it and it was irritated, kept cleaning it with salt water eventually it went away just try to leave it alone and it will clear up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

salt water solution did nothing for me. The doctor also told me it is pointless because it is not infected.
    The scarring will go away if you leave it be and dont be touching off it or having it rubbing off the pillow.

The doctor gave me a cream they use for acne ( cant remember the name.. Something 1%) and it was gone in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KevinGossRoss

Scaffolds do that. Nothing to worry about. I recon it is just your skin getting irritated. I had those little blisters for a good couple of months just try not damage your fresh piercing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement