Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby nappy changing facilities in city centre

Options
  • 14-12-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Heading to town tommorrow with baby so need to plan ahead if emergency change needs to happen. anyone know cafe or something with good facilities, good bit of space for buggy, not too many steps etc. for such a thing?

odd question i know but its hard to find out so cheers for reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

My two are out of nappies now, but I found the changing room in Boots great. There used to be one in Brunch too! I hope it's still there, it has been so long. Enjoy the Winterval tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Waterford Crystal have a decent changing area and nice cafe if you're that side of town. In the centre of town there's a changing room in Mothercare, and one upstairs in City Square by the toilets (accessed by lift in either Debenhams, Dunnes or the main City Square lift)
    Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

bookworms wrote: »
    My two are out of nappies now, but I found the changing room in Boots great. There used to be one in Brunch too! I hope it's still there, it has been so long. Enjoy the Winterval tomorrow!

It's a good changing room with a separate disabled toilet so plenty of room but it depends on which member of staff you ask for the key. The last time I asked for the key a staff member said they didn't have a toilet/changing room and refused point blank to give me the key and told me to go to the public toilets in Georges Court. As I had a toddler needing to use a toilet straight away I didn't have time to take it further.

I think there's one in the downstairs toilet in McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

There are a couple of great toilets in the City Library on Lady Lane. There's a designated children's toilet and a toilet with a changing table on the ground floor just past the counter. There is also a disabled toilet on 1st floor and you can take the elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

We find the Granary ideal. Nice and big, so plenty of room for a buggy, and some discreet corners for breastfeeding. Nappy changing facilities in the ladies' too - and not in the gents', so the gentleman can read his newspaper while the lady looks after the baby! :D

Waterford Crystal is a good spot. Nice atmosphere and food, plenty of space - and someone has already mentioned that the facilities are there too.

As said before, Mothercare and Boots have feeding/changing rooms. Also noticed a changing table in the toilets of Bagel Factory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

thats brilliant lads thanks, never knew mothercare/boots had them. Thanks to all. made trip all the more easier/enjoyable. I love winterval

Advertisement