Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Antigone or Sive a definate thing to be done?

• 14-12-2012 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

So yeah what exactly is it? Can't you just watch Movies instead like Casablanca? Where in the exam is usually sive and antigone asked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

fontdor wrote: »
    So yeah what exactly is it? Can't you just watch Movies instead like Casablanca? Where in the exam is usually sive and antigone asked?

Are you talking about the comparative? For the comparative you are given a choice of two questions asking about the three texts you've studied, an doesn't specifically mention any text. You can pick any novel/movie/drama from the department's list. However I find the novel/play a lot easier since you can write notes in the book unlike a movie, and the script just isn't the same :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

kingcobra wrote: »
    Are you talking about the comparative? For the comparative you are given a choice of two questions asking about the three texts you've studied, an doesn't specifically mention any text. You can pick any novel/movie/drama from the department's list. However I find the novel/play a lot easier since you can write notes in the book unlike a movie, and the script just isn't the same :P

Where can I find the list from the department?

http://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0004_2011.pdf

The list of comparatives to chose from is on page 4 :)

http://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0004_2011.pdf

The list of comparatives to chose from is on page 4 :)

So would I be able to just study the two films instead of the plays? They are too hard. Well Antigone I get it but Sive no Way!

fontdor wrote: »

So would I be able to just study the two films instead of the plays? They are too hard. Well Antigone I get it but Sive no Way!

I couldn't tell you for sure but I guess you could...however it can be hard to do them by yourself as they mightn't all be suited to a particular topic. For example I'm doing Translations, Pompeii and Casablanca and I'm covering the topic of Cultural Context. There is a wide variety of different societies and cultures in these texts so they suit the topic of Cultural Context. Your teacher probably has some idea about what he/she's doing so it could be best to stick with what they're doing.
    Otherwise youre probably best to ask a teacher or get a couple of grinds on the comparative

• Advertisement

I couldn't tell you for sure but I guess you could...however it can be hard to do them by yourself as they mightn't all be suited to a particular topic. For example I'm doing Translations, Pompeii and Casablanca and I'm covering the topic of Cultural Context. There is a wide variety of different societies and cultures in these texts so they suit the topic of Cultural Context. Your teacher probably has some idea about what he/she's doing so it could be best to stick with what they're doing.
    Otherwise youre probably best to ask a teacher or get a couple of grinds on the comparative

Damn it! Cuz I am not really Irish myself so it is hard for me to do Sive and understand it properly. I think we are doing cultural context as well. Or the theme or hero. So I don't really know I am so LOST.

Advertisement