Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sweetcorn for dogs

• 14-12-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭

does anyone here know if ok to give tinned sweetcorn to dogs i know the cob is a no go was told its very good for there digestive system

some very good knowledgeable posters on here so would like to get your opinions please thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

My experience of it is it just comes out whole in their poo. Hardly worth the bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

My experience of it is it just comes out whole in their poo. Hardly worth the bother.

ta for your reply thats exactly the point that was made to me if you watch their bowel movements the following 24 hours it gives a good idea of the efficiency of there digestive system as they are not able to digest the sweetcorn and being so small will pass through without causing any obstructions as a food value i suppose not very good then for reasons stated above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I didn't know they couldn't have the cob, whats the reason for that, mine have often crunched away on cobs - oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The cob doesnt always break down in the gut and can cause a blockage, Ive heard horror stories of dogs eating cobs with the pointy things still in them too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

The cob doesnt always break down in the gut and can cause a blockage, Ive heard horror stories of dogs eating cobs with the pointy things still in them too :(

Aw, well obviously the pointy things would be safely removed before they got them. thanks, won't give them it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

My girl eats the corn off the cob, but not the cob its self. She plants a paw on either end of it and uses her little front teeth to nibble all the tasty corn parts off. I think she's watched the humans eat it and has decided thats the way you do it. She'll then come and drop a nibbled to nothing cob at your feet hoping there's another one left for nibbling!

Advertisement