Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is our spirit following a defined path or on a journey ?

• 14-12-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I don't know much about spirituality but I am very interested in the subject.

I have a question for the more knowledgeable on the subject which is; is our spirit trying to guide us along a predefined path ? and if so, what are the implications of defying the intended journey ?

Any thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WilliamMelmoth

Hi Carra.
    Can you define what you mean by spirit? And by predefined, do you mean like in terms of ones destiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Hi Carra.
    Can you define what you mean by spirit? And by predefined, do you mean like in terms of ones destiny?

I suppose I mean our soul and yes destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WilliamMelmoth

Another way of looking at this may be what are the implications if you do not live up to your own potential?

Another way of looking at this may be what are the implications if you do not live up to your own potential?

I believe that our potential is limitless so I don't know the implications of not reaching your potential but I guess regret would be in there for some people.

I was really thinking about how complicated life is and how some people believe that our bodies are just a carrier for our soul, which is eternal and apparently has been around a lot longer than we have. So I guess my question is; is it trying to achieve something that we are not conscious of ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Carra23 wrote: »
    I don't know much about spirituality but I am very interested in the subject.

I have a question for the more knowledgeable on the subject which is; is our spirit trying to guide us along a predefined path ? and if so, what are the implications of defying the intended journey ?

Any thoughts welcome.

I would say we are being guided to a predefined destination (which is within us already-peace and love), via a journey that is a more loosely yet predefined path, that readjusts as we stray or defy it (all that is not peace and love), and the implication of defying the journey or destination just prolongs the journey.

The human body is the vehicle rather then the container for spirit (spirit being all cannot be contained) to remember what it is. Our ability to create feelings in response to the world around us, and how we own or disown these feelings determines how our path unfolds and adjusts. When we join with whats created already (love n peace) rather then creating our own feelings (all that's not love n peace)the journey ends and we realise our destiny, which is simply that we are spirit NOW, it's a state of being, not a place.

For example if you are angry about something or with someone and you make changes to avoid the situation or person, circumstances (your world) will adjust to bring another something or person into your life until you realise that the anger is within you and coming out and not outside you and coming in. this realisation gives you a chance to choose to heal or change your anger for peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Carra23 wrote: »
    So I guess my question is; is it trying to achieve something that we are not conscious of ?

This is a deep question and an important one. It is true that when we are born and in our early years we are not at all conscious of a spirit or soul within us but I think it is possible for people to become conscious of their soul which is the most important part of us.
    I believe the soul is simply carried along, it does not try to achieve anything beyond our desires, which makes sense because the soul is not a separate identity from the individual. The soul is at the mercy of the brain, mind and the individual's actions imo.
    The advanced spiritual master who is conscious (maybe) of the soul looks after his real interest and not the demands of the mind or body. So the soul achieves more liberation from matter entanglement in the world of matter (Our Universe) and, therefore, life and death.
    Peace be upon you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Yes I believe that we are on a pre-defined path.. I have always known where i would work, where i would live, who i would meet even before meeting them and before areas were built.. I would say to my friends.. this place is significant .. dont know why yet but watch this space.. and hey presto- new town built 5 years later and guess were i live? I believe we have blueprints of our life paths and the majority is pre-determined.. however, we have free will and how it happens can have variations.. different paths leading to same endings...

Robert scwhartz wrote many books on the souls purpose.. he goes onto say that we select our parents, our paths and our souls journey...
    I met him in real life and did a workshop.. riveting stuff!

if you defy your path... you will be unhappy.. unless you are following your divine purpose you cannot truly be happy so therefore we all struggle to find our way... how do i know this? after years of trying to find the path only to be now walking it and am living the life i was meant to have!!

Why do you think palm reading works? this is our blueprint.. noel from the phoenix park reads it and said that it is defined from babies.. and he was 100% right.. so I guess i believe it..

I will now never try and defy my path.. I listen intuitively to what is correct and what is not.. mediation is a great way to gain insights...
    the answers are all within... access that power and all the answers you need are found..

love and light .. and may you walk the golden path to your divine life.. xx

Some very interesting views there. Thanks for the replies !

Advertisement