Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jellybean pros and cons

• 15-12-2012 12:23am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's an update to JB available for my tablet and I'm wondering if it's worth installing. I'm not sure I'll be able to root it againfor one thing and I've a feeling flash won't work.are there any actual advantages to JB and any other pitfalls I should know about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭corkie

There's an update to JB available for my tablet and I'm wondering if it's worth installing. I'm not sure I'll be able to root it againfor one thing and I've a feeling flash won't work.are there any actual advantages to JB and any other pitfalls I should know about?

What tablet are you using and which version of JB.
    Install and run rootkeeper before you update!
    Flash still works with certain browsers even no longer supported in the playstore, needs to be directly download from adobe website!

Have a look at the XDA forum for your device and see what other people have to say about updating!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a lot of known Bluetooth bugs in it if you use BT (doubt would if you're using a tablet)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

corkie wrote: »

What tablet are you using and which version of JB.
    Install and run rootkeeper before you update!
    Flash still works with certain browsers even no longer supported in the playstore, needs to be directly download from adobe website!

Have a look at the XDA forum for your device and see what other people have to say about updating!
    Acer a510. Version 4.1.2. There's virtually no activity on the xda forum about it. Are there any definite positives with JB on any device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Acer a510. Version 4.1.2. There's virtually no activity on the xda forum about it. Are there any definite positives with JB on any device?

Project butter : makes the os super smooth ie run at 60 fps so any lag existing on an ICS ROM should be reduced .

Google now / search : similar to siri but more powerful if a little intrusive .

Unless there are any glaring bugs with jelly bean on your tablet you should definitely install it.
    Google reviews of the update ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Running Jellybean on my Transformer Prime and Flash works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

tallus wrote: »
    Running Jellybean on my Transformer Prime and Flash works perfectly.
    Guess I'll give it a go once someone figures out how to root it then. Cheers.

Advertisement