Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S2 died

• 15-12-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all , just a wee heads up if you have problems with your Galaxy s2 i9000

Recently my s2 while on the internet just went dead , fair enough i took the battery out and left it a wee while and put the battery back in and the phone started up again and died , tried a replacement battery no use.

So i contacted samsung and fair play they responded the following day , that i would receive a sae from their repair centre here in Ireland , So i received the sae and sent my phone back to their reputable repair centre in ireland , I received the phone back 4 days later claiming , BER-liquid damage , now my phone is covered by insurance , i could have accepted this and got a new phone on my insurance , but i knew my phone was never near water or any liquid , So i asked my friend a electronic engineer to have a look at the phone , going by the picture samsungs reputable repair had sent me , my friend was able to diagnose a short circuit in the main board caused by the failure of a wee capacitor ,after some investigation on surronding diodes and the main ic , he removed the capacitor and guess what my dead Galaxy S2 lives again , I connected to kies on my computer tonight and backed up everything on the phone

But what to do next ????

any help or suggestions I would like to hear , because i am sure i am not the only person they have passed this crap off on , Btw if you search a supposedly reputable repair company here in ireland it seems that they have a problem in their repair centre , because the amount of moisture and liquid damage their phones seem to have !!! its priceless

Any help or suggestions from Boards members will be gratefully received , Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

i could gues the company you are talking about is ****menders. they are scum they had my samsung laptop for 2 months. kept saying they where waiting on the part.i took it back in the end and sent it to the uk repair centre and i got the laptop back 4 day,s later.my htc one broke last week and o2 where sending me to them and i point blankly refused and sent it straight to the uk

Advertisement