Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House price register Q

Options
  • 15-12-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Had a look to see what price houses are selling for in my estate where we rent. House on left sale price was 100k & house on right sale price 220k. Both sold within 4 months of each other in 2011. The average house price in the estate is about 180-220k. So I'm wondering if the actual price shown is the sale price or the cost of the persons mortgage? Seems to be a huge difference in my next door neighbours houses so its left me wondering if the figure shown is the actual sale price ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

The figures are the actual sale price. There is a column for whether it was full Market value or not, used for example when one party buys the other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

I'm finding similar things since the property register came out. An apartment in Dublin is on sale now for €200K. Last year a neighbouring one, same size, sold for €107k, according to the register and yet another one in the same development sold for €170k. Now i'm wondering if the person entering the info put in 107 instead of 170??
    I heard an interview about the register on the radio a little while ago and some guy was saying he found loads of errors in the register..so i think you'd have to keep this in mind when checking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

There really shouldnt be errors on the price, it is based on exactly what has been submitted to revenue by the solicitor involved for payment of stamp duty. There have been errors in addresses but the amounts in 99.9% of cases should be good.
    When a below market price (for example a transfer of a share of a property) has been paid that is is indicated by **

Advertisement