Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Festival of Speed

• 15-12-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Good news that it's back after taking a year off after it's first year in Adare Manor.3 day event aswell :) Half price tickets at the moment aswell incase you were looking for a handy Christmas present.
    The Irish Festival of Speed is the largest celebration of car culture in Ireland, a five star mix of all things automotive; Racing Cars past and present, Rally Cars, Supercars, Vintage and Classics, Motorcycles and Air Displays!

We are delighted to announce that the ‘Limerick Raceway at Greenmount’ near Adare will host our next Irish Festival of Speed on the August Bank Holiday weekend 2013. And this year it will be a 3 day event! (2nd, 3rd and 4th).

Greenmount was chosen for its infrastructure, facilities and eases of access and is intended to provide the IFS with a permanent home into the future.

Among the numerous enhancements planned for 2013 will be a new purpose built motorsport track – one of the largest investments in Irish motorsport for many years

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That reminds me! I saw a really really REALLY old car yesterday. Not a Model T i'm sure, but similar style.

ford-model-t-05.jpg

Pulling onto the dock road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like the announcement of a purpose built motorsport track - that should do wonders for the region.

Any chance of Grand Prix coming to Limerick in the near future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mc Love wrote: »
    I like the announcement of a purpose built motorsport track - that should do wonders for the region.

Any chance of Grand Prix coming to Limerick in the near future?

The venue looks promising.Not much of a track though for racing.

A-eaeDJCUAAQ6RG.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Looking at their Tweets it seems that the "new purpose built" Track is BS.
    What they are describing here already exists as part of the existing Racecourse complex.

Quote: IFS 2013 #IFS2013 will have no less than 3 tracks! Greenmount (sprints) The Infield (rally) The Oval (demos)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 class1comp

The venue looks promising.Not much of a track though for racing.

A-eaeDJCUAAQ6RG.jpg:large
    Limerick Motor Club are organising the competitive speed event at the IFS. It is a sprint on mostly new tarmac (entrance avenue is only older tarmac) the length is 1227 meters.
    So agreed it is short, but the new surface will give some incredible speeds from the up to 700bhp single seaters.

Gerard O'Connor (Timekeeping and results officer)

• Advertisement
Advertisement