Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 17 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

darego wrote: »
    when will the west brom line up be out? hope to god foster is back! otherwise i have bego coming in with 1 point

Should be very soon, all I can see is that Reid, Ridgewell, Yacob and Foster miss out.

That isn't confirmed though, just seen it on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Vertonghen (sp) goal, Walker assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Tremmel clean sheet gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Lovely neat finish from Vertonghen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wba: Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov, Brunt, Morrison, Mulumbu, Gera, Odemwingie, Long.

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Reid, Collins, Noble, O'Neil, Nolan, Jarvis, Cole, Taylor

darego wrote: »
    when will the west brom line up be out? hope to god foster is back! otherwise i have bego coming in with 1 point
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    Wba: Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov, Brunt, Morrison, Mulumbu, Gera, Odemwingie, Long.

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Reid, Collins, Noble, O'Neil, Nolan, Jarvis, Cole, Taylor
    Ouch!

Have McAuley so hoping for a CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Afternoon lads just settling into the footsie now. No bale, no caulker and now Dempsey subbed off and Michu/Defoe quiet as a mice. That's going to hurt a lot of teams.

A Michu yellow and it'll be all round destruction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KevIRL wrote: »
    Andy Townsend on for Adebeyor

Savage! Had him as captain, was freaked thinking he wouldn't get his game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Savage! Had him as captain, was freaked thinking he wouldn't get his game!

Doubt many have him but this is the important bit for Defoe owners at least -

Emmanuel Adebayor is down receiving treatment on what looks to be a hamstring injury. He is forced to limp off and down the tunnel. Andros Townsend will replace him

Defoe one on one with the keeper and kicks at straight at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

'mon michu. sneeky equalizer in the last 5 please

Yellow for Defoe

Michu is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Michu is dead

He's risen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well that was a sh*t day: 2 for Michu, 3 for Demps, and Foster doesn't start, so Begovic will come in with 1.

Hoping for a Jussi cs, multiple saves to boost my score. Can't see it happening, unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Only Walker(9%) has big ownership in the Spurs defence today so I suppose that game will have little effect on the average score, delighted as a Spurs fan but pissed off as a FF manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

A Nolan goal would be nice and help me break 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Hopefully WBA score the only goal in the game :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

id happily take a nil all draw! 9 points from McAuley and Nolan would be more then welcome considering the brutal score im currently sitting on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Only Walker(9%) has big ownership in the Spurs defence today so I suppose that game will have little effect on the average score, delighted as a Spurs fan but pissed off as a FF manager

And that is why Verthongen made my day. Some green arrows finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

0-0 in this game would suit me,currently have 13 points from my Juussi/McCauley combo.

Spurs v Swansea let me down badly,was expecting at least a 3-2 scoreline with Michu & Defoe as my star men.

As it stands,I have 46 with Cazorla to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Any chance of Walcott playing tomorrow?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

West Brom absolutely bossing this. Hope Jussi can hang on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Demel subbed. Bring on the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

nolan yellow. every little helps wohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Nolan yellow... is he gone for the next game so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nolan yellow

FatRat wrote: »
    Nolan yellow... is he gone for the next game so?

think that's his 4th

Stalemate. Suits a lot of people

• Advertisement

CS for McAuley. Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Good result, I only had Reid playing. I'm no Bonus point expert but Collins and Reid should certainly get the 2 and 3. Don't know which way they'll go. If that's the case Reid has essentially saved my week :pac:

Jussiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. much needed points

zerks wrote: »
    0-0 in this game would suit me,currently have 13 points from my Juussi/McCauley combo.

As it stands,I have 46 with Cazorla to play.

Happy with that,should break the 50 mark which considering some of the scores mentioned this weekend will look like a massive haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

7 points for Jussi, delighted with that!

:eek:Sad fúckers the lot of ye, wasting ye're sunday watching two shít teams and praying for a nil all draw;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

48 with the mighty Giroud to go, expecting at least 5 goals from him so should break 70

i'm pretty sure jussi had more than 4 saves, didn't increase since around the 60th min mark on fpl, so hopefully another sneaky point there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Balls, that 0-0 turned an average week into a bad one. Guy ahead of me in my main league had a shocking week but has Demel and O'Brien coming off the bench.

Gibbs and Shorey to come tomorrow but they don't exactly fill me great confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Demel clean sheet helped me today but I won't hit the fifty mark unless Cazorla plays out of his skin. Another Reading/Arsenal goal-fest would be handy tomorrow.

• Advertisement

48 points for the week. BPs out: RVP 3, Shawcross 2, Snodgrass 1

Should be an above average score, even with the match tomorrow night.

q2ice wrote: »
    48 points for the week. BPs out: RVP 3, Shawcross 2, Snodgrass 1

Should be an above average score, even with the match tomorrow night.

Good man Shawcross,even an og can't stop him from getting bp's.

Up to 54 now & 99.9% of my rivals have nobody left to play,c'mon Santi & do the biz against Reading.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

44 with Cazorla and Federici to play. Fatman and Robin getting 31. Next up for our dynamic duo....beware the Swansman! Holy Michu Fatman!

Looking forward to Jolim posting how he got on. Is probably on 80, much better than all the "idiots" :rolleyes:

48 with Routledge to come off the bench with 2 so that leaves me with a decent 50.

44 with Cazorla and Federici to play. Fatman and Robin getting 31. Next up for our dynamic duo....beware the Swansman! Holy Michu Fatman!

Looking forward to Jolim posting how he got on. Is probably on 80, much better than all the "idiots" :rolleyes:

Don't know why you have to keep on about that, It was only a bit of banter, I know you don't see this as a forum for banter but it's pretty petty to keep bringing it up particularly as he hasn't engaged with you since, who knows what will happen next week.

Anyway the guy with the best score so far had Rio as captain and a frontline of Jelavic, Ba and Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Getting head-butted, grist to the ppi mill clearly. :pac:

46 with Clark to come off the bench so 48. Cazorla still to play.

43 after my points hit with Cazorla to play. Happy enough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't know why you have to keep on about that, It was only a bit of banter, I know you don't see this as a forum for banter but it's pretty petty to keep bringing it up particularly as he hasn't engaged with you since, who knows what will happen next week.

Anyway the guy with the best score so far had Rio as captain and a frontline of Jelavic, Ba and Benteke.

Oh so it's ok for me to take it but not to give it? Cop on swiper - either be pro or con banter. He called me and others idiots merely based on a transfer so you can be sure I'm going to rub it in his face. You're making a fool of yourself.

For a guy who has singled me out for banter, you calling me petty is absolutely ridiculous! If you want some banter...your captain!

• Advertisement

Oh so it's ok for me to take it but not to give it? Cop on swiper - either be pro or con banter. He called me and others idiots merely based on a transfer so you can be sure I'm going to rub it in his face.

Personally I'm all for banter but you discouraged me a couple of weeks ago, some incident when someone lol'd RVP not scoring. Now some guy with 20 odd posts makes a comment and you're calling him out since things worked out for you, another week they mightn't have and we probably would have heard no more about it, fact is he never told you his team, who's to know how he done.

If I'm being honest the rolleyes thing annoys me.

Advertisement