Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost parcel with tracking code. my rights?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was due to receive a parcel and received a tracking code from the seller. The parcel was scanned only once by anpost on the 7th of December when it arrived to their depot. I called an post and they seem to have lost it. Since I have a proof that the item was lost in their parcel depot, what are my rights?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Your rights? None.

The seller who sent the parcel is the only one with rights. Given that he has a tracking code, and it's reasonably obvious it's lost, he should be able to get a refund from his postal provider (who ever he used to send the parcel). However, if it wasn't insured, he could be out of pocket; but that's up to him.

As to whether you get your money back (or a replacement) is down to your arrangement with the seller, and where s/he is, etc. If you paid by PayPal you may be able to open a dispute with them. If you paid with credit card, you may be able to start a "chargeback" process with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

It's up to the seller to chase An Post about the lost parcel not you. The seller needs to refund you or offer a replacement. Don't let the seller fob you off with excuses about An Post. If there is any insurance to be claimed on the lost parcel, it will be paid to the seller not you.

Edit ... What they said ^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

It could have went to wrong area, ie mis-sorted to another district.
    Address label not on the parcel, (I had 2 of these yesterday) but senders name was on it so we could find out who it was for.
    Did the sender put the correct name on the item?
    Did the sender actually send it to you?
    If it is from a company it could quite possibly have got mixed up in another order. Compliance in An Post with T & T is so rigorous these days there is I would hope good reason for this delay.

I would quiz the sender for all relevant details as there is usually a reason why things go astray in the system. How An Post find some of the addresses I see is beyond me. hOPE IT TURNS UP FOR YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The seller is the person who has the contract with An Post, not you. He should be the one chasing An Post for non-delivery

Advertisement