Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Jobs that pay over €600 per day.

Options
  • 15-12-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

http://www.cpl.ie/content/SalaryGuide/ICT/

Just had a look at this salary survey and there are plenty of jobs that pay over €600 per day that it looks like I could be doing.. I work in the Oracle Business Intellingence and data warehouse side of things. I design data models and ETL procedures as well as analysis and dashboards. The Data Modeller role on the list pays up the 750 a day.

Does anyone know the nature of these highly paid contracts? Are they short term? Data warehouse projects can take a year or more so 3 months wouldn't get much of a result. Is there a lot of work out there for these roles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

600/day would be roughly 150k/year (based on the number of business days in the year) which isn't outrageous for senior salaries..at least not here in the states. Keep in mind that their work may not be consistent and they will have to pay more tax because they are self-employed (and tack on the fact that they get no benefits from the company). Contractor rates are often quite a bit higher than their salaried counterparts for those reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

The chart really makes me happy I moved to the states. The tax here is a lot less and your money goes a lot further too. Salary looks way better as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

What they don't tell you is if those figures include the agencies cut or not (15%+).

The "high" figures are the max, and probably statistical outliers. So you have to be either very lucky or very well connected to get them. Lots of investment banks in Dublin and London, go apply (£1000+/day if you have the right finance+it knowledge).

Advertisement