Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant New Years Eve

• 15-12-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Booked The French Table for New Years Eve dinner. Anyone have any experience of it? Hoping for something nice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Definitely good French cuisine, nice cosy atmosphere with dim lights, snob-ish clientele and top service (don't be surprised, they'll take your coat when you arrive...).
    I'd recommend the 7h shoulder of lamb if you're going for the value menu. The tart of the day is usually pretty good. Wines are quite expensive but they have a selection of wines of the month which are perfectly fine. Just let the waitress choose it for you if you're not sure.

Source: I'm French...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thanks for that. We were going to go abroad but going to stay in Ireland instead so I don't mind paying for a good meal.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

Was there for last nye, very good food and wine. If you are not sure of a wine let them choose.;) You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Was actually there last night.
    Hands down one of the best restaurants in the city!
    Great food, the charcuterie plate there is fantastic, especially with their bread!
    Agree with Patsy RW: the wne....Fantastic selection and knowledgeable staff if you are unsure
    Fantastic service, attentive without being intrusive and even the coffee at the end of your meal is spot on(especially with the mini eclair ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Great, thanks for the replies! Put my mind at rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement