Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 on a bus

Options
  • 15-12-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I want to bring my xbox 360 on the bus on a 2 hour journey.
    If I left it on the luggage in the original box in a luggage bag I think it would be dangerous for the 360.
    Would they let me carry it onto the bus?
    If not then if I got train instead would I be allowed to carry it on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I wouldn't leave it in the luggage. Wouldn't trust it not to get a bad knock.

I can't see an issue bringing on the bus or train. I've often brought mine on both although that was without the box. I just popped it into a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd say you'd be able to carry on both bus and train. It's only planes that have strict luggage restrictions, and it's not as if an Xbox is huge or awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Xbox wasn't made as a portable console. So I would say the big problem you would face is damage while travelling. Knocks and Vibrations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It wasn't intended to be portable but equally it's not a unique and delicate snowflake.

I've had mine on planes, trains and automobiles many times and nary a problem. The only worry I would have is leaving it in a luggage hold of a plane or bus so I wouldn't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Orim wrote: »
    It wasn't intended to be portable but equally it's not a unique and delicate snowflake.

I've had mine on planes, trains and automobiles many times and nary a problem. The only worry I would have is leaving it in a luggage hold of a plane or bus so I wouldn't do that.

So have I, but as a said the intended purpose is stationary position

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Provided its packed up well there shouldn't be a problem with normal road bumps etc. They didn't roll off the production line & fall under peoples tv's, they've been shipped by air sea & rail to where they are now. Another journey won't be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Ive bought my xbox to america and back in a soft checked in bag, no box just wrapped in clothes. Never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Brought mine with me on a recent trip to Asia, 16 hours altogether by airplane I think it was. Put it inside my check-in luggage so it would have been thrown around while being moved to and from the plane. It's still working perfectly so unless you're exremely unlucky, a 2 hour bus journey shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

i left mine loose in the boot of my car for weeks, rollign and knocking round the place, was fine afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

For what it's worth I brought my Xbox with me to America for the 3 months in summer 2011, brought it over in my luggage, survived a 7 hour flight, then brought it on a 2 week road trip in my bag which actually even fell out of the boot of the car Las Vegas, brought it on a flight to New York from LAX, then a flight from New York to Dublin, all as checked luggage in the plane storage.

Not a bother to it, still works to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I brought it and took it on the bus no problem after.
    Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Quick point to note here as well, as with a lot of electrical items, if you are putting the xbox in the hold of the bus and not carrying it on, make sure to leave it unplugged in a warm room (where ever you are planning to turn it on) for at least an hour so that it can warm to the room temperature.

This will avoid condensation forming on the components when you turn it on (cold metal parts warmed quickly may form water droplets) which could potentially fry the circuits.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001175.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I have taken my xbox all round the world with me in the last job and never had any issues....even long haul flights with the console in my case down in the hold...

Advertisement