Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Smart TV and Sky on Demand

Options
  • 15-12-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All

Sorry if this is a dumb question I have ethernet cable to Sky+ box and now have Sky on Demand. Getting a Samsung TV soon,which as a smart TV will need Ethernet or wifi connection Without running a second cable is there an adaptor to "split" ethernet cable to TV and Sky Box.I appreciate their are WiFi options but I loke have a cable connection for speed and reliability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Quiggers59 wrote: »
    Hi All

Sorry if this is a dumb question I have ethernet cable to Sky+ box and now have Sky on Demand. Getting a Samsung TV soon,which as a smart TV will need Ethernet or wifi connection Without running a second cable is there an adaptor to "split" ethernet cable to TV and Sky Box.I appreciate their are WiFi options but I loke have a cable connection for speed and reliability.

How is the cable run through the wall? If its in conduit and not tacked anywhere it may be possible to tie a string to it and pull it out leaving the string in the wall. Use this string to pull two Ethernet cables (get the length from the one you remove) you can either knock a second hole for a wall plate it have the two exit through a brush plate.

I'd be inclined to run a 3rd cable for future proofing (games console/ Bluray player/ htpc etc)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

no need to go to that hassle. buy a simple network switch, plug existing cable into that, then plug two cables into the sky box and smart tv.

Advertisement