Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with connecting usb plug n play device

Options
  • 15-12-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I've tried two different laptops both running windows 7 and also tried different usb cables but i can't get pc to recognise my device (arcam rdac) but it works fine on my friends mac. I have tried updating drivers and software for unit. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you download the drivers from the arcam website?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

yoyo wrote: »
    Did you download the drivers from the arcam website?

Nick
    Hi Nick, yes i did but when i try to install them i get a message saying that the drivers are already up to date. I've checked device manager and there is an exclamation mark beside the unknown usb

kifi wrote: »
    Hi Nick, yes i did but when i try to install them i get a message saying that the drivers are already up to date. I've checked device manager and there is an exclamation mark beside the unknown usb

I've no idea being honest, a unknown device means the driver is not working correctly, if you can find an older driver try installing it. Also if you can extract the driver somewhere like the desktop, right click the unknown device>properties>Update Driver>Let me find manually/Have Disk and set the folder to the desktop driver you extracted

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

yoyo wrote: »
    I've no idea being honest, a unknown device means the driver is not working correctly, if you can find an older driver try installing it. Also if you can extract the driver somewhere like the desktop, right click the unknown device>properties>Update Driver>Let me find manually/Have Disk and set the folder to the desktop driver you extracted

Nick

Tried that too, oh well, will have to treat myself to a mac for xmas!

Thanks for your time Nick

kifi wrote: »
    Tried that too, oh well, will have to treat myself to a mac for xmas!

Thanks for your time Nick

It seems a bit ridiculous to be buying new hardware just to get the thing working, I would contact the company directly and find out what the story is with driver support etc. If the drivers and support are poor it may not even work on newer versions of OSX!

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement