Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Aston Villa (no frills) match thread 3pm ko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Bring back Xabi Alonso... Hasnt been such an influential midfielder in the team sence he left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hes only back from suspension and get a yellow card , you have to love suarez !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I left for a sec to turn on the Christmas tree and we score. Leaving again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭listermint

JPA wrote: »
    What was Benteke booked for?

Shouldnt have been as far as i can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well played Villa, fully deserved.

'The Rodgers'....go f*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hes only back from suspension and get a yellow card , you have to love suarez !

You can't blame him though, liverpool get a pen against them last week for a handball, the exact thing happens twice today for liverpool and no pen. It's hard not to be frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭listermint

niallo27 wrote: »
    You can't blame him though, liverpool get a pen against them last week for a handball, the exact thing happens twice today for liverpool and no pen. It's hard not to be frustrated.

Second one looked like a stomach hit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Fantastic!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

taxi for rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

No comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Going for 3-1 for the Pool with Suarez getting two.
    So close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play Villa. Clinical and some player in form in Benteke. I can see now why the other fella was dropped.

Same problems with Liverpool in attack are evident again. Defence and midfield especially Allen look jaded. January can't come soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Gonna enjoy this one, been long overdue tbf. Probably as much of a shock to both sets of fans but Villa badly need this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gosh I remember when we use to beat Villa 3-0. Maybe we should bring back Fowler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

niallo27 wrote: »

Thats why I love the bones off him , hes the only player we have that has a winning mentality some of our players really don't seem to care when they put in a bad shift .
    I wouldn't be giving BR too much stick , he can only manage the players we have got and some of them are not fit to wear the shirt . I really don't think its all his fault but after the first half I would have yanked off 3 of the players to send out a message to the team . Either you show your fit to wear the shirt or get lost .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

absolutely ****ing abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Gosh I remember when we use to beat Villa 3-0. Maybe we should bring back Fowler

Always despised him.

Obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I have to love us Liverpool fans, trying to turn sterling into the new Insua! Some people need to get a grip and realise hes a kid, hes going to be inconsistent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

xLtSI.gif

Is 2nd place still on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great result for Villa.

Starting to turn things there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

rossie1977 wrote: »
    taxi for rodgers

I don't rate rodgers at all but this team is hardly his fault and the performances are just down to the team being crap which isn't his fault imo since he had very little in funds to fix it.

Pool need to improve about 8 of their first team players as well as all their back up players and he just isn't going to get that type of funding, the dalglish funds could of being the turning point and that experiment went horrificly bad and really set pool back 10 years, they won't even get near challenging top four until atleast 2020 and i think its time for the fans just to accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Spending £15m on Joe Allen certainly wasn't a good place to start. Nice bit of business for Swansea.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Spending £15m on Joe Allen certainly wasn't a good place to start. Nice bit of business for Swansea.

How much would you of rated him at?

Started really well but seems to have dropped off a bit recently same as Sterling. Manager over reliant on them. Has either even been subbed off yet in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

4-7 million

How much would you of rated him at?

Started really well but seems to have dropped off a bit recently same as Sterling. Manager over reliant on them. Has either even been subbed off yet in the league?

Half what we paid for him at most I guess?

The point was if we were going to spend £15m on a player we surely could have done better.

• Advertisement

Half what we paid for him at most I guess?

The point was if we were going to spend £15m on a player we surely could have done better.

A 2nd forward option along side Borini would of been ideal. I really don't think Allen is that much of an improvement over Henderson.
    Rodgers is completely besotted with Allen though.

Rodgers is completely besotted with Allen though.

A4TIA3uCIAAJ84u.jpg:large

Yeah Rodgers loves him but he's only okay really on the pitch. As said above, we haven't really gained a lot over what Henderson was providing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I feel sick after that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Bit silly out of Rodgers to say he was targeting a top 2 finish tbh.

• Advertisement

Bit silly out of Rodgers to say he was targeting a top 2 finish tbh.

The owners don't seem to be as interested or paying as much attention this year, so they will probably hear his comments on the news and think he is doing a good job.

Yeah Rodgers loves him but he's only okay really on the pitch. As said above, we haven't really gained a lot over what Henderson was providing.
    You've just been waiting for a chance like this - haven't yet?

You've just been waiting for a chance like this - haven't yet?

Has Joe Allen been performing like a £15m player iyo?

Has Joe Allen been performing like a £15m player iyo?
    None of our players performed today - Allen doesn't deserve being singled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually happened to cross the LFC channel today on Sky. Just commentary, but they were showing the crowd(presume for whole game)

Was funny just seeing fans going ape **** and they not knowing they are on TV.

RODGERS: "This season everyone has seen the quality Villa have - losing at home to them is no disgrace."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Technique wrote: »
    RODGERS: "This season everyone has seen the quality Villa have - losing at home to them is no disgrace."

Link please

You made that up didn't you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Leiva wrote: »

Link please

You made that up didn't you :pac:

It's from @OfficialLFC, which I've since learned is a parody account.

Sounds like something he'd say, though.

naughtb4 wrote: »

:confused:

Where does it say
    This season everyone has seen the quality Villa have - losing at home to them is no disgrace

• Advertisement

Technique wrote: »

Sounds like something he'd say, though.

:pac: must be true then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Has this been on RTE's Premier Soccer Satuday yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Yillan wrote: »
    Has this been on RTE's Premier Soccer Satuday yet?

Not yet. Should be next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did Villa use a 4-3-3 today?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Did Villa use a 4-3-3 today?

Didn't see today but we've been using more of a 5-3-2 the last few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

matrim wrote: »
    Didn't see today but we've been using more of a 5-3-2 the last few games

I was gonna ask if it was 5 at the back but thought to myself that that just happened to be the shape they were in when I looked up.

I thought it was 4-3-1-2 at first.

Mars Bar wrote: »

I was gonna ask if it was 5 at the back but thought to myself that that just happened to be the shape they were in when I looked up.

I thought it was 4-3-1-2 at first.

I think Herd is given a kind of role that allows him to act as a third center half or deep dm depending on how the game is going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Today was just a bad day at the office, every team has them.

I don't think BR is out of his depth though, I've seen enough this season to show we are going in the right direction, even if certain results haven't reflected that.

Like most fans, we tend to always look at the negative.. The majority of our performances this season have been good. But just cant seem to get that ball in the net (just like today, if any of you actually watched it).. But what do you expect with one fit senior striker and relying on an 18 year old to add the spark.

Being realistic helps every once and awhile.

aramush wrote: »
    I don't think BR is out of his depth though, I've seen enough this season to show we are going in the right direction, even if certain results haven't reflected that.

Like most fans, we tend to always look at the negative.. The majority of our performances this season have been good. But just cant seem to get that ball in the net (just like today, if any of you actually watched it)

The exact same thing could have been said at this point last season.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The exact same thing could have been said at this point last season.

Actually, last season we were trading at ~1.70 ppg; were in a League Cup Semi Final and genuinely had reasons to be hopeful. We were doing a LOT better.

Advertisement