Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclock to allow better recording settings?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi my current pc specs are:
    CPU: i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
    Mobo: ASRock Pro 3 Z77
    GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 660 ti
    Ram: 8gb Corsair Vengeance

What im basicly looking to do is get better quality and smoother gameplay whilst recording footage, say BattleField 3 as an example. when not recording on auto settings i get maybe 80-100fps going by FRAPS in the corner but when i get fraps going it drops to maybe 30-40fps which i find alot harder to play at with is being an FPS. So i am basicly wondering what i can do in terms of overclocking to improve this, i have never overclocked anything before so im a complete noob to all of this:P

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

First thing I'd try is not using Fraps :S Its popular yes, but it hits your framerate hard! And it rounds down, so 70FPS gives 60, and 55fps gives 30.

Try using afterburner, has a built in recorder that I find far lighter but just as easy to use. As with fraps, a big HDD is required for the raw footage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Are you talking about MSI afterburner? I dont think you are but i google it and thats all that comes up:confused: Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, thats the afterburner I'm talking about. Its an OC tool but it functions as a great DX framegrabber too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Figured out how to get the settings right from youtube:D Your right it definitly puts less stress on the pc for smoother gaming while recording! Thanks a million, ive had it on my pc from the day i built it aswel the Gpu is an MSI and it game pre installed with the driver disc:p

Advertisement