Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economists use twitter too

• 15-12-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

For those of you who have/had EC4004 today, you're rather lucky to have a lecturer who is willing to field exam questions on twitter less than 24 hours before the exam.

Some exam related tweets can become funny or involve the use of the word dude

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

He did this for financial economics last semester too it helped me get an A because I was one of two people tweeting him I could ask whatever I wanted. To be fair though hes the best lecturer I have had in UL by miles the interaction he has with the class is crazy and I think he genuinely cares about students he is fairly strict though in a good way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

https://twitter.com/stephenkinsella/status/279655595949305858

You don't need to pass tomorrow's #ec4004 exam to pass overall, but I wouldn't recommend it as a strategy.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Over my 4 years of Business Studies I had some fairly dire lecturers but there's always an exception to prove the rule and this guy was it. I got a B2 in his module, for every other economics module I had in the 4 years I either failed or barely passed.

Also has a great sense of humour too - he gave out his phone number in Week 1 or 2 and said if we had any questions to text them in and he'd answer them in class. I took the opportunity to text in something that had nothing to do with the course and when he brought it up in the lecture he just laughed along and gave an equally humorous riposte.

an all-round good guy

Advertisement