Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I NEED HELP TO MAKE A POSTER ON MICROSOFT PUBLISHER

Options
  • 15-12-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I NEED HELP TO MAKE A POSTER ON MICROSOFT PUBLISHER

399304_441860195878948_310764853_n.jpg

i know they made it on microsoft publisher tnx :)

LOOK AT THE ATTCHEMENT

I WANT TO MAKE ONE LIKE THE ATTACHED ABOVE

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What sort of help you need?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Please don't type in fully capitals.
    Could you ask them for the .pub file for the poster, if not it would be a case of re-designing it. Publisher includes templates & stuff to get you started!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aaronenglish81

i found it on the Internet but i want to make one like it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

For the graphic work you can use something like The Gimp or Inkscape (Vector). Also check out the microsoft online templates from within publisher, they may be what your looking for

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aaronenglish81

could you like get me a "youtube" to video on how to do the background work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're using existing pictures or photos, your best bet is to use something like Paint.NET or GIMP, and use layers for each item. If you're starting from scratch and mainly need to use text or shapes, a vector-based program like Inkscape is a better fit for you.

Regardless of your choice of software application, you create a different layer for each item (whether that's text or an image) and you can apply effects like transparency, blurring or lighting effects.

I would also suggest that if you're trying to mock up something similar to the attachment, you apply some design principles like complementary colour sets, standard font sets and clean layout. You should do a bit of googling for tutorials relating to whatever software you want to use to get the best results. For example, there is a youtube video on making posters with Paint.Net here, and another one on making posters generally here.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

here ya go

Advertisement