Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florette Rocket Salad

Options
  • 15-12-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this stuff crap?

I used to think it was a premium brand but lately it seems to be the worst out of all of them.

I bought a bag Thursday that's out of date on the 19th, it's still in the fridge unopened but you can see it's soaking wet.

Dunnes own brand seems to be better. Anyone else got recommendations or storage tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aldi rocket is very good, usually in the fridge section with the bags of salad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wild rocket is ridiculously easy to grow yourself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Keith186

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aldi rocket is very good, usually in the fridge section with the bags of salad

Thanks, will give it a try but I don't go there often.
    Alun wrote: »
    Wild rocket is ridiculously easy to grow yourself too.

Might try this in the New Year, will have to grow it indoors but checked online it seems like it won't be a problem. Is GIY a good place to get them or would any bricks and mortar shops sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think I got my plants in Woodies, I'm not sure what you mean by GIY? Make sure you get the 'wild' variety and not the cultivated one.

Anyway, in my garden it just grows like a weed, amongst the other herbs, and rather surprisingly seems to have a really strong peppery taste, better than the bought stuff. I'd imagined what with it being a plant from warmer climes and with our damp climate, the flavour wouldn't develop fully, a bit like Mediterranean herbs, but I couldn't be more wrong. One bonus is that the slugs (of which I have many!) don't seem to like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cheers. GIY Ireland is some website selling seeds, supported By Woodies so it makes sense they'd have them too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement