Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

chops018 wrote: »
    Guys I was thinking of putting in Arteta for Fellaini for the 3 weeks. Good move or no? Don't have any cash in the bank, I could transfer Ruddy (bench keeper) for Bunn, get 0.6 there and take out Enrique for Demel and that would give me 1.8 which would be enough to transfer Fellaini for Mata, Hazard or Silva - I think the three of them will do well in the next few gameweeks. However to do that would mean a -8 point hit, but I wouldn't mind if I got good returns for the 3 weeks and I need to get rid of Ruddy and Enrique in the coming weeks anyway.

Thoughts on what I should do?
    Arteta ok 8 point hit not ok. Depends on who you have and he's on penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

This could just be a lot of hot air but it probably means that Taarabt will start all the holiday games.

QPR star Adel Taarabt can be a 'top, top player' - Harry Redknapp
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20744199

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Went Fellaini to Silva, hoping the little Spaniard can do some damage at home to Reading.

Long term I'll prob shift Silva on for Mata soon enough but see how he does I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

amber69 wrote: »
    Buy low sell high. I'll sell for a .2 profit and bring him back if needed. No points sitting on the bench.
    Alright for some. I'll have to sell for a 0.5 profit. The profit is great and all but it'll be much harder to get him back in

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tube strike in London confirmed for boxing day. Could see disruption to Arsenal v West Ham and Fulham v Southampton. More detail....http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/12/17/boxing-day-fixture-doubts-mount/

Posted on general chat thread but worth a mention here also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

G1032 wrote: »
    Alright for some. I'll have to sell for a 0.5 profit. The profit is great and all but it'll be much harder to get him back in

Im holding onto him, dont think he will drop that much in 2 weeks, and then I'll only have to bring him back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Is Nasri a serious rotation risk ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm wondering about Nasri myself, he could be a serious points man if he gets his act together and plays regularly, what do ye think?

What sort of team will Chelsea play on wed, Mata is another option but I'd like if he had a rest midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm wondering about Nasri myself, he could be a serious points man if he gets his act together and plays regularly, what do ye think?

What sort of team will Chelsea play on wed, Mata is another option but I'd like if he had a rest midweek.

i'm just wondering myself he played excellently but then got subbed off injured early against Newcastle. Contemplating a Rafael-Gibbs and Fellaini-Nasri transfer can just about afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Roonbox wrote: »
    Im holding onto him, dont think he will drop that much in 2 weeks, and then I'll only have to bring him back in
    Just sold him. Not doing without an 8m player for the next 3 games. I bought Taarabat. I'll see how he does. Might score a few goals now that Harry has moved him to just off the striker.

Thinking of Suarez to Torres. Gonna keep an eye on that over the next week or two.

• Advertisement

thinking of doing Fellini to Nasri and Azpilicueta to Mertesacker..........thoughts ????

Chelsea's flight home was put back a day so jet lag is seemingly a serious worry. I'd expect a weak team out

Bandwagon on for Carzola and Gibbs and possibly even Poldolski

Carzola 2 goals
    Gibbs 2 assists
    Poldolski 1 goal 1 assist

And still only half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Toure or Nasri in for Fellaini, that is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Toure or Nasri in for Fellaini, that is the question.

YaYa already has 26% ownership, Nasri 3.8%, if I was sure he would be in with Mancini it would be Nasri all the way for me, a little more expensive but a little more potential for points also, why does YaYa never need a rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

What's the thoughts on Fellaini -> Puncheon and Sterling -> Cazorla. That will leave me a midfield Michu, Bale, Silva, Cazorla, Puncheon. Have Enrique and Suarez that's why I want to move on Sterling had him at 4.5 and will make .6 profit on. Otherwise I have 9.3m to spend on a someone for Fellaini...

YaYa already has 26% ownership, Nasri 3.8%, if I was sure he would be in with Mancini it would be Nasri all the way for me, a little more expensive but a little more potential for points also, why does YaYa never need a rest?

Cos hes a human dynamo. The more he plays the more energy he has!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Everyone ditching Fellaini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Anyone going for Silva?

Shane732 wrote: »
    Anyone going for Silva?

would if i could afford him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was thinking about it alright. But now I'm contemplating bumping Suarez to aguero and getting in Carzola. But he surely won't do anything like this again ......
    I def want a man city player in so its either silva or aguero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Because he's a beast and Mancini will use him as much as possible until the African Cup of Nations and send him off worn out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

km79 wrote: »
    I was thinking about it alright. But now I'm contemplating bumping Suarez to aguero and getting in Carzola. But he surely won't do anything like this again ......

He's Arsenal's most influential player and has good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Still cant decide on my transfers. Now debating Silva, Puncheon and Benteke for Fellaini Lallana and Fletcher. 4 point hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'd hold off on any move for an arsenal player until they confirm their match on the 26th will be going ahead.

feck it. Toure and Zabaleta in for Fellaini and Rafael (-4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When you're aiming to make a financial gain in FF, i.e make a profit on a player or not make a loss, how do you know when to act? I have Young who I am fairly happy to switch for Toure, but when is the best time to make the transfer? Should I do it now, before prices rise? When is Toures price/ rest of players prices going to go up? I fancy Young to go up as well as Toure, so will one not cancel the other out. Sorry, as you can tell I am absolutely clueless in this matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pulled the trigger on Felliani > Silva. Cant have no City cover ahead of them playing the Reading shambles at home on Sat.

May still take a points hit for another transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

When you're aiming to make a financial gain in FF, i.e make a profit on a player or not make a loss, how do you know when to act? I have Young who I am fairly happy to switch for Toure, but when is the best time to make the transfer? Should I do it now, before prices rise? When is Toures price/ rest of players prices going to go up? I fancy Young to go up as well as Toure, so will one not cancel the other out. Sorry, as you can tell I am absolutely clueless in this matter.

Well Toure is going up tonight. You need to be on this site

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

It's the bible in relation to players going up in value and down

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You'll only get half of any Young increase. Thus he'll need to rise by .2 to cover any rise from Yaya. If you're certain you want to make the transfer then it makes most value sense to do it asap. The cost of this is the injury risk.

• Advertisement

Toure will go up tonight. Young wont. (if he does go up at all) Toure could go up again before the weekend.

If youre definitely swapping Young for Toure then now is the best time to do it. I dont like fisio so I use totalflp: http://development.totalfpl.com/pricechanges

Just cos Young goes up it doesn't necessarily mean your selling price will go up. A player has to go up 0.2 for you to get a rise of 0.1 and without knowing what price you paid for him I couldn't tell you.

Edit: Either way, if youre certain that youre going to swap Young for Toure then do it now. Toure has a better chance of going up two than Yolung has of going up one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's all aboard the city wagon after watching tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah pulled the trigger on Yaya in for Fellaini after that. Hopefully there'll be a decent swing in their prices to make it painless enough to get Fellaini back in in three or four weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Could Fellaini drop in price tonight? Fiso has not updated since 7.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's all aboard the city wagon after watching tonight!

yup.

Silva in for Screech.

may even captain him. if Reading give him the same space they gave Cazorla, he could go nuts.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Could Fellaini drop in price tonight? Fiso has not updated since 7.30.

it has for me. he's over the -100% mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a dilemma as I've 2 transfers and need to oust Fellaini. I can do Fellaini out & Toure in but another one I'm contemplating which I can just afford is:

Fellaini & Tevez out => Mata & Ba in

And the one above strikes me as quite tasty for this weekend. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Tevez out? Unusual move when they face Reading next week and Ballotelli is highly unlikely to play.

Reading conced 5 against Arsenal, 4 against United and City and 3 against Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland and Wigan.

City could run riot.

Also, I'm not sure where this Yaya love is coming from, the man is not a goalscorer! Every goal this year has been a scenario where the ball has simply fallen to him. Granted he's put them away but I really can't see him doing it that often. Before the Unted game he had 0 goals and 1 assist in TWELVE games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wouldn't ship Tevez ahead of City vs Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

keane2097 wrote: »
    Wouldn't ship Tevez ahead of City vs Reading.

I have him but I am not making him captain, I have a feeling Dzeko will start, hope im wrong though, im getting rid of Tevez to Augero when the WC becomes available.

roryc wrote: »
    Tevez out? Unusual move when they face Reading next week and Ballotelli is highly unlikely to play.

Reading conced 5 against Arsenal, 4 against United and City and 3 against Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland and Wigan.

City could run riot.

Also, I'm not sure where this Yaya love is coming from, the man is not a goalscorer! Every goal this year has been a scenario where the ball has simply fallen to him. Granted he's put them away but I really can't see him doing it that often. Before the Unted game he had 0 goals and 1 assist in TWELVE games.

true but he's on form and when he's on form he's a bit of a beast. also a bit of handy price-riseage in anticipation of the soon-to-be wild card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »

City could run riot.

Keeping Tevez & got in Yaya,he's just started to hit form as he's been pretty sh1t so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup.

Silva in for Screech.

may even captain him. if Reading give him the same space they gave Cazorla, he could go nuts.

what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fellaini out for Puncheon. Leaves me some cash to tinker with. Would do Sterling to Cazorla if I could afford it but can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fellaini out for Puncheon. Leaves me some cash to tinker with. Would do Sterling to Cazorla if I could afford it but can't.

I need to free up cash, so was considering this move.

Are you not doing Fellaini to Yaya? I want to get Puncheon in, but I'm terrified of what City will do to reading next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Fellaini to Silva done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fellaini -> Yaya done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Did Fellaini to Yaya, baaaaaa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I need to free up cash, so was considering this move.

Are you not doing Fellaini to Yaya? I want to get Puncheon in, but I'm terrified of what City will do to reading next week.

For me, Nasri, Silva and whatever strikers City play will return greater attacking points than Yaya.

He also leaves round January first for the ACON and I plan to keep my wildcard until nearer the end of January.

Making this move now, means if I free up about more cash I can get in Mata or Cazorla for Sterling.

Puncheon is going to be kept now as my cheap mid for the season.

As well as that, the last bandwagon I jumped on from this site was Baines. That didn't work out. I stayed away from Enrique when people were jumping on him and that worked out. So I'm hoping Yaya is another flash in the pan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

fellaini -> silva
    nolan -> puncheon
    suarez -> rooney

4 point hit taken

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Felliani -> Mata or Silva ??

Leaning towards Mata but flip of a coin really.

Any opinions?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement