Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI online banking for business

Options
  • 15-12-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Why can't BoI online banking for business be used on Apple computers, or iPad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

You will shortly get a reply from BoI along these lines...

"Unfortunately Business On Line only operates with Internet Explorer on a Windows operating system. We understand our customers' need for an improved service and hope to have something compatible with Mac in the future."

They've been telling us this for over ten years, so don't hold your breath!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi AlanConnolly,

Thanks for your query. We've had similar queries before. Making Business On Line compatible with other operating systems is something we are looking into for future updates to the system. However, please see the quote below:
    At the moment Business Online is focusing on the technical delivery of the new formats associated with the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), which is mandatory for all banks. When this is done, the focus will move to other customer requirements for improvements to our internet channels and other services.

Here is the full response that ado100 is quoting from:
    Unfortunately Business On Line only operates with Internet Explorer on a Windows operating system. We understand our customers' need for an improved service and hope to have something compatible with Mac in the future.

It is possible to access Business On Line using virtualisation software, however, we don't offer technical support for it.

If you need any more information on Business On Line, you can contact them on 1890 818 265 or click here.

When we have any further information or updates we will most definitely be letting our customers know here in our 'Talk to' forum.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Jeez... I must be psychic!

Now let's see, next Saturdays Lotto numbers are....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Why can't BoI online banking for business be used on Apple computers, or iPad.

Alan, this probably is only useful if you're a sole trader, but I switched from BOI BOL to 365 online as the former was just a complete pain in the nethers to use. My branch manager said this wasn't possible when I opened the account, but it turned out to be really easy. I only need basic functionality, so it does me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanConnolly

Hi AlanConnolly,

Thanks for your query. We've had similar queries before. Making Business On Line compatible with other operating systems is something we are looking into for future updates to the system. However, please see the quote below:

Here is the full response that ado100 is quoting from:

When we have any further information or updates we will most definitely be letting our customers know here in our 'Talk to' forum.

Thanks
    Pat

Thanks for the reply Pat.
    However, I'll be changing bank soon, if BOI can't setup online on a Mac.
    January is slow for me at work, so plenty of time to organise new accounts.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi AlanConnolly.

We are sorry to hear we may be loosing your business.

As per our previous post:
    Unfortunately Business On Line only operates with Internet Explorer on a Windows operating system. We understand our customers' need for an improved service and hope to have something compatible with Mac in the future.

If there is anything else we can help you with here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Laura

Advertisement