Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teaching TEFL in Europe?

• 15-12-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I plan on doing the CELT course in the bridge mills, Galway in the new year (already have a degree, although not in teaching) and from there I was hoping to get some work teaching English as a foreign language in Europe somewhere starting in May and staying on for the summer at least and possibly for a year or two if the wages and the life-style suit me.

Does anyone here have any experience of teaching TEFL in Europe?
    In which countries is demand for TEFL teachers greatest?
    Where are wages good? Where are they slightly more abysmal?
    Where (online or otherwise) should one start searching for TEFL work?

If anyone has any information on any of those queries or just general advice that would be more than welcome.
    Sorry if it seems like I'm a little clueless but I've just started planning this so to be honest at this stage I don't know me head from me arse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

You would probably get some work in Madrid. To give you an idea of opportunities have a look at this website:

http://www.lingobongo.com/madrid/jobs-ads.php

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭theyearof2010

I currently work in a language school in a suburb of Madrid. However Sept-May is our busiest period. The summer quietens down due to the fact that less teaching staff are required to run summer-camps or what-not.

This is just my case, but it may be something to consider when choosing a location!

Advertisement