Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's That Time Of The Year Again

Options
  • 15-12-2012 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

With Christmas just around the corner has any of ye treated yourselves to something nice or maybe you have been leaving subtle hints around the house for parents/partners/etc that might just end up under the tree Christmas morning?

I recently treated myself to a CZ 452 Style, Springer pup, Deerhunter jacket and a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

New .223 to be looked for on Monday, a pup in February , and a commercial jeep for my excursions. sure why not? Herself got me few nice bits, new targets that splatter!! Nice embroidered hat with a pheasant on it. It really helps that's she from a shooting house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

When i get my shoulder back up and running i want to get back looking at .243's and trade my .204, i'm going to miss it, i want to get a rangefinder too if i have the funds leftover after all my festive drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

santa is bringing me a pair of nikon monarch 7's in 10x42 they have their ED glass in them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I'm thinking about .243's also. It really is the best all round calibre that I can think of for foxes and deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Just had a pair of Leica Trinovid 8x42's delivered and herself is getting me a mincer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Ya i have .243 in mind but i'd take a decent .270 or .25-06 i i came across one, if santa was really nice he could buy my .204 off me as there are serious bargains to be had privately or in a dealers with a wad of cash buying straight but a few dealers have offered me reasonable price for a trade in but they hadn't any guns that caught my eye in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

Dropping serious hints about getting a springer pup i havent heard the word NO yet so we will see
    Sotg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Got the RPA (.243) some new Deerhunter gear, and a pair of Hunter boots.

All from me to me. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

CZ550FS 6.5X55,sooooo happy with it. Didn't even put the scope on yet having too much fun with the open sights. Herself is getting me a pair of Hunter balmoral wellies so I couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 YOUNGGUN

I will be picking up my new CZ 452 American .17 HMR blued barrel (Synthetic Stock)with Hawke Map Pro 4-16x50, Harris Bi-Pods, Mod and Sling just before a good long Christmas Break!It will see plenty of action over the festive period, no doubt!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Bought myself a jeep for hunting and to get me out of the van on weekends, wanted one for a long time so decided to treat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Walther, colt 1911 gold cup.22, please jebus! just waiting for a letter through the door, hope its good news ,Ive already had 2 licences come through this year within ten days, this is getting close to 3.5 weeks...hmmm come on santa! have a word with the super,

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Recently bought a Leica 1200 and a Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40 on here from other boards members :)

Trying to buy back a CZ452 Style I sold a few years ago, that I want back for no real reason but want it :)

Have asked the wife for various things, got a Bushnell banner 6-24 x 40 recently so can't complain too much :)

Regards

DB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

dev110 wrote: »
    With Christmas just around the corner has any of ye treated yourselves to something nice or maybe you have been leaving subtle hints around the house for parents/partners/etc that might just end up under the tree Christmas morning?
    I recently treated myself to a CZ 452 Style, Springer pup, Deerhunter jacket and a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50.

Still saving my pennies and trying to get the NF scope, rings, and mount that will compliment my Savage FTR. Christmas is a bit soon, but if I do my taxes early [in the States] I could have it by February.

I now wonder whether I should forego the scope, rings, and mount and buy the M21 or Ar50 that was next on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Got a Roedale precision mod for my new T3.

Best early xmas ever..

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mac wet gloves, some new gaiters and 3 boxes of .300 win mag ammo hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A few bob towards the Benelli M3 will do fine..Just had the CPO out to have a look at my safe and security ,again. Anyways, he's happy enough with the security so hopefully..
    Have dropped some hints about a Leatherwood ART rifle scope,but I doubt that 500 lids will be forthcoming.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Got the itch for a CZ .22 varmint that has to get scratched. I will phone around and see if any secondhand come up.

Fancy doing some sporting rifle class benchrest and back to the rabbit shooting again.
    Now will I get the 16" or 22" barrel version??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I treated myself to a Lightforce roofmounted 170.
    no more cold right arm for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm not sure if it counts as an xmas gift since I got it a few weeks ago and it won't get here till next year and the paperwork is still in the pipeline (though the local FO says it's a like-for-like and won't cause any problems at all), but I did get myself a new air rifle :)

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    but I did get myself a new air rifle :)

Details please...

FISMA wrote: »
    Details please...
    Full details to follow (when it arrives), but it's a Walther LG400. FrankenRifle was getting too old for active competition (if something on it broke, replacement parts wouldn't be easily available, especially not at a match), and we'd been looking for a replacement for a while. Held off to see the new ISSF kit rules to be sure it wouldn't cause problems and then bought it.

Walther-LG400-Alutec-Expert-3-900.jpg

Sparks wrote: »
    Full details to follow ...

Dare I ask how much?

What does that guage looking thing on the foregrip area do?

What caliber is she?

FISMA wrote: »
    Dare I ask how much?
    £2k sterling. (About a year's savings, basicly)
    What does that guage looking thing on the foregrip area do?
    It's a gauge :D
    Specifically, its the pressure gauge for the air cylinder (it's the end of the cylinder). Used for refilling and for checking pressure before assembling the rifle.
    What caliber is she?
    .177/4.5mm. Standard 10m ISSF airgun calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

Lightforce hid 240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

Glensman wrote: »
    I treated myself to a Lightforce roofmounted 170.
    no more cold right arm for me!

sounds cool might try one them! now where is that letter to santa gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

clivej wrote: »
    Got the itch for a CZ .22 varmint that has to get scratched. I will phone around and see if any secondhand come up.

Fancy doing some sporting rifle class benchrest and back to the rabbit shooting again.

Just got one for 295 today scoped and Bi-pod, class.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Santa is getting me
    Hawk 600 rangefinde
    Hawk 20-70x56 spotting scope
    2 cz 10 round mags .22lr

Should be a good year :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I picked up my .22 this evening off Dave Mulvihill. I'm going to have an interesting xmas now :cool:

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »

Well I scratched that itch yesterday and got myself a CZ 453 varmint, single set trigger model, and a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 tactical scope.
    Both second-hand but in tip-top condition.

Advertisement